SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Frown

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Gunny. My list of decent people in the movie business keeps getting shorter.

Frown

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. Semper Fi.
I am honored to have met you.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Gunny

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Well. Shit

Well done, Gunny, be thou at peace.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Loved him in SEVEN and MISSISSIPPI BURNING.

RIP, Sir!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m still holding out hope that this is a well orchestrated hoax. Frown

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
PLEASE be a hoax, PLEASE be a hoax, PLEASE be a hoax Frown.....

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
R.I.P

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. Salute.

DOUG
Military Police = MP = Mike Papa

Posts: 245 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. You will be sincerely missed. Just wish there were more people like you.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., Gunny! You will be greatly missed. Your characterizations of consummate tough guys will give us inspiration for years to come. Semper Fi!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Condolences and sympathy to his family.

A great loss. His strength and huge personality will be missed by so many.

Farewell soldier.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven scenes
They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines.

RIP Gunny. Semper Fi

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP
I, too, was honored to have met the man.

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace, Gunny. We watched Full metal Jacket in bootcamp and got THRASHED when someone laughed at the Gunny getting shot.

Semper Fi

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
RIP, Gunny. Thank you for the memories.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP, his advocacy for our rights is legendary.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
No hoax. It's on Fox News now:

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...-dies-at-age-74.html

RIP, Gunny. He was awesome.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Today, you people are no longer maggots. Today, you are Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will go to Vietnam. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever."

Semper Fi Guns.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post