SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away Login/Join 
posted
I don't think this is a dupe. Sad news indeed. His manager on Facebook stated his passing. I looked it up on many sites and have seen quite a few things about both-still alive and hoax. That is a pretty sick and twisted hoax if that is true. He seemed like a super nice, down to Earth kind of guy despite his popularity/stardom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw that also. RIP Gunny.... Semper Fi.

We met him this past November at the GSSF Gunny match in Talladega. Super nice, took time to talk to everyone, including my 3 kids who knew his voice from Toy Story. He even told them a Toy Story 4 was in the works....

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Taps.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
He was a force for good, IMO. RIP sir!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Gunny didn't die. He popped smoke, broke contact, and withdrew to heaven to regroup.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Not seeing any confirmation.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was posted on his social media pages by his manager about 20 minutes ago.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Damn.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3582 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Screen shot from his FB page:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay. So JUST broke.

Too bad.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It was posted on his social media pages by his manager about 20 minutes ago.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
Awful news. RIP and Semper Fi.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Frown

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping this was a hoax. He was one of the tough guys you just rooted for. I always watched Mail Call and had it recorded on my AT&T box but now that I have switched providers, they are gone. He was an amazing guy and great American.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn and only 74. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed much of his work.

R.I.P. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Dammit.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
R.I.P Gunny. You will be missed. Best regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite memory of him:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Met him a few years ago. He gave me a challenge coin from Glock.. I Love the commercial he did for glock. He was very nice, he talked to my nephew too

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
RIP, Gunny. A sad day for us, a truly fine man has left us. May the Lord welcome him home.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post