SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard R. Lee Ermey passed away Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
So very sad...way too young...another example of a great American gone from us.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well, since I have tomorrow off...

We're gonna get hammer drunk and light some shit on fire.

Sleep easy Guns.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news. I met him a few years ago at a GLOCK event at ProForce. Took the time to talk to me, sign some things and pose for a picture that I have hanging in my cube at work. RIP Gunny..

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Plenus annis abiit, plenus honoribus

He is gone from us, full of years and full of honors (Pliny).

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Marine called to guard the streets of heaven.

Semper Fidelis, Gunnery Sergeant Ermey

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Such sad news, he was one of a kind.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I met him a few years back, super nice down to earth guy. I was sad to hear this news.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn. Liked him as an actor and hosting the History channel shows. Plus he wa as good pro2a advocate.

I really liked him as the shady televangelist in Fletch.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
RIP, Gunny. Liked your style and liked your acting!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I briefly had the honor to meet Carlos Hathcock some years ago and I always wanted to meet Lee Ermey.
Glock showed a lot of class choosing Ermey as a spokesman.
RIP Gunny!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. Semper Fi..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Fair winds and following seas,Gunny.....
You will be missed, prayers .....

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
God speed Gunny! Met him several years ago at Knob Creek. He was filming for his show at ours and neighbors tables. Nice guy!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
George S. Patton

You did good boyo.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn. RIP Sir.

I think I'll watch Full Metal Jacket tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I was waiting on certifiable secondary confirmation of this....
Unfortunately it seems the intel is accurate.
RIP, Gunny

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Gunny. You will be missed by all who knew you and hundreds who knew of you.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace Gunny...fair winds and following seas to your family as you will be missed.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Frown

RIP

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a sad day indeed.
I loved watching him in mail call.
I also loved his character in The Siege of Firebase Gloria.

As many members have already stated he was an advocate and supporter of our men and women in uniform and their families and firearms.

He played a wide range of characters from Full Metal Jacket, to his role in Saving Silverman to a US Marshal with Tommy Lee Jones in Man of the House. I also loved his role as the leader of the merc team chasing Steven Seagal in the movie On deadly ground.

Thanks to one forum member I did not realize he was one of the chopper pilots in Apocalypse Now

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post