SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Austin area and other Texas members
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Austin area and other Texas members Login/Join 
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted
I helped with a bill that's currently pending before the legislature to make it free to place a credit freeze for consumers who've been victims of data-privacy breaches. Currently in Texas it will cost you $30 each time you place or lift a freeze unless you have already been a victim of identity theft.

The bill is set for hearing on Tuesday afternoon, and unfortunately I will not be able to make it down. If there's anyone in the area who is interested in this topic (especially if you've been a victim) and can commit to being there to testify, please let me know. Otherwise the bill may get pulled.

Link: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/B...Sess=85R&Bill=HB2001

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Bump

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't help.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post