SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robar guns is closing its doors.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robar guns is closing its doors. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
This is all sheer speculation on my part.

Given the average internet IQ, this is probably a smart way to start your post, rather than conclude it. This is how rumors get started. I guarantee someone at Robar who has better things to do is going to eventually get a phone call inquiring about the stuff in your post.

I ordered 4 of their last NP3 coated PX4 mags and talked to a guy working in sales. I asked him why they were closing and he said,”We can no longer offer our custom finishes at a price people can afford.” He also said their head Glock gunsmith was going to try and strike out on his own.” Sad. My NP3 LTT PX4CC is a top favorite.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
He also said their head Glock gunsmith was going to try and strike out on his own.

I wonder if that's the straw that broke the camel's back. My department sends Glocks to Robar for frame reductions. I wonder if they're are just going to follow him to his new place or start recommending serialized Polymer80 kits for folks that need frame modifications.

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Well I guess that having them redo some F’d up work they did on my Gold Cup is out of the question.
I wanted it tightened up and what I got back wasn’t that.
New finish on frame was nice...almost hid the hammer marks! Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Well I guess that having them redo some F’d up work they did on my Gold Cup is out of the question.
I wanted it tightened up and what I got back wasn’t that.
New finish on frame was nice...almost hid the hammer marks! Roll Eyes

Have you tried contacting them? What was their response?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I got tired of excuses.
“Colt really just threw frames and slides together back then”.
Okay, that’s why I brought it to a gunsmith.
If I wanted more excuses I could always ask a grade school teacher to show me some kids incomplete homework.

To be fair, the finish and trigger job they did on my SIGs years ago was top notch. Pity that a 1911 seemed like such a daunting problem.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Arizona Update:

Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ has taken up the Robar Coating.

https://wrightarmory.com

(480) 550-0965

They have done Cerakote work for me:

...and I will go back for any Robar type finishes too.

(they did all FDE on the 320 - nothing on the knife)

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
that's good news.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
that's good news.

Yes= it is.

I have a couple of Glock slides finished in NP3, they look great.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear they are going out but nice to know someone will continue the coating services.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
They did a really nice job on my Browning Hi Power.

I am now deeply in love.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I was saddened to learn about this several months ago. Here's a pic of a former West Germany police issued P7 they refinished in Np3 for me a few years ago. They did a fantastic job of it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I thought I read that Cajun Gun Works was taking over their NP3 finishing. Can’t find it in writing, but their pricing page list it....
https://cdn1.cajungunworks.com...s-Refinish-Guide.pdf

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post