SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter begins in Northern Hemisphere today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter begins in Northern Hemisphere today. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Not a fan.. Frown

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Not a fan.. Frown

Look on the bright side...the days will start getting longer...WHOO HOOO Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I "Love It"

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Amen, it's all downhill from here.

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Look on the bright side...the days will start getting longer...WHOO HOOO Big Grin

This is how I choose to look at it!

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
And I begin my 81st year....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shortest day my ass, tell it to someone who isn't in the service industry!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
we still have no snow here. Mad

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like Texas' version of "winter." It was 79 and super humid today.

Alaska's and Alberta's version of winter can fuck off. I hope I never have to spend another winter in Alaska or Alberta again.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I live in the South!! (Wait,.....What?? Confused Eek)

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... summer starts here.

And the days get shorter ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. Been winter in the Yoop for at least a month. And will be until May. Mid-May, actually.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Not a fan either! I was born in August in Ft Lauderdale! Winter sux!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I grew up in north central Montana and we had real winter there. No, not Alaska north slope winter, but winter. I miss it. We had an unusually (for here) cold and snowy winter last year, and I was loving it while all the natives were crying and sliding into ditches. I hope we get another one like it this year.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
we still have no snow here.
None here, either.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
If winter happened once a century, it'd be a natural disaster.

We just get used to it, is all.

I would not be surprised if winter causes more deaths overall (accidents, exposure, etc.) than all other natural disasters combined in most years.

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As the world turns.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite like Alaska darkness, but the sun will not break 20 degrees above the horizon for a few weeks here.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just set out a pinhole camera -- a can with a sheet of photo paper inside -- to record the Sun's arc over the next six months. Come June, I'll bring it in and scan it -- no developing needed.
[IMG]http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Educational/Solargraphy/imgE1_copy(1).jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

This is how I choose to look at it!

Yup!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post