SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma: SK ratcheting box wrenches - Metric **Winner az4783054**
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma: SK ratcheting box wrenches - Metric **Winner az4783054** Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

Several years ago, when I took on rebuilding an FJ-40, it opened up a whole new world of tool acquisition, namely metric tools, of which I had few. I really grew to like the metric system, and ended up with a whole toolbox (roller cabinet) of metric wrenches, sockets, etc.

My first stab at ratcheting wrenches was this set, a long pattern box wrench set that I found a bit cumbersome, due to their length. I replaced it with a regular length set, with flex heads. That gets 100% of the use, and this set just takes up room, so it is up for a Karma.

The longest wrench in the set is just over 400mm long (16"). The wrenches are not reversible. You have to flip it over to change direction. The sizes on each piece are as follows:
8mm - 9mm
10mm - 11mm
12mm - 13mm
14mm - 15mm
16mm - 18mm
17mm - 19mm

They have seen gentle use but are in excellent condition. Only one condition for the Karma, and that is you must have been a member of the forum prior to 2020. The Karmanator will pick a winner sometime this Sunday (2020-01-19).

For those who don't already know, SK tools are made in the USA, from USA steel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Unlucky #1! I can sure use those. I have two tractors that are metric.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I can assure you those would get some use, primarily on my Toyotas. S-K makes great tools.

Thanks for the opportunity to enter.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Now that’s an awesome karma I would love to be a part of. Ive got to replace the plugs on my wifes Highlander, which includes removing the intake manifold to get to the three against the firewall. I can hardly wait! Please include me, and thank you.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Use metric tools all the time.
Thanks

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me! Many thanks!

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I usually leave the karmas for others. I like to see who wins. This one would be sweet to win so add me please. Thank you for the chance!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
In please, and thanks for the chance!

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
In Please! These would get VERY Frequent use in my garage!

Thank you for the chance in your generous 'Made in USA' Karma, Sir! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kindly include me. My BMW motorcycle is all metric. The Germans wouldn't have it any other way.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Those would be a great complement to my metric adjustable wrench. Wink

Please include me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in! Between two Hondas, a Nissan and a Subaru, my metric wrenches get some use.

Thanks for the opportunity!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm always repairing someone's cars, in fact SC's place is the community garage!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
I could use those, please include me.

Posts: 1293 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Great karma, but I'll pass in favor of those who would use the wrenches more than I would.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I could really use those since I’m always working on something. Thank you for the chance!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I'm in for these.

perfect addition to the tool box for working on the Toyota and Honda

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You for making these available, I'm in.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Add me please. I had to hunt today for my missing 10mm wrench while replacing a back glass hinge on the Liberty.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yes, please!!
These would be perfect for the 3 bolts on top of my struts. They are a pain to get too. I have a set of Fox Coilovers waiting for decent weather to install them.
Buddy is going to have some HaloLifts to throw on his Silverado and they’ll work just as great on them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post