SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you clean your Baseball Caps?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you clean your Baseball Caps? Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When I was in the service we just washed ours in the dishwasher...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have one of those hat racks for washing and use it.

I really don't have to wash many caps, because I am always wearing my Detroit Tigers baseball cap I purchased in 2006, hence sparing my other caps.

The tip of the bill has begun to fray, that cap has been everywhere , will be a sad day when I have to retire it.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been wearing a Wolverines cap about 5 years. Haven't washed it yet. I like the sweat stains. It is so bleached out, it now appears gray and yellow, bill is broken down the crease and frayed on the entire edge. I tend to wear hats and shoes to death as I hate breaking in new ones. Pushed the steel toes through the leather of my last boots before replacing them.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Been wearing a Wolverines cap about 5 years. Haven't washed it yet. I like the sweat stains. It is so bleached out, it now appears gray and yellow, bill is broken down the crease and frayed on the entire edge. I tend to wear hats and shoes to death as I hate breaking in new ones. Pushed the steel toes through the leather of my last boots before replacing them.

I like your style Smile.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I was in the service we just washed ours in the dishwasher...
I have one of those hat racks and use it in the dishwasher (i.e. not the washing machine).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
In my experience those hat rack or equivalent doohickeys never properly worked and either the bill was forever ruined or the main part lost its proper form.

As such I'm also in the, New, Used & Yardwork only category.

The only hats I have that are exceptions to this are surplus boonie hats. Have a Vietnam era poplin one that I've had for 20 years, goes in the shower with me on occasion. Clean with soap, wring it out and hang to dry.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Top rack of dishwasher works for me. After the cycle has run take it out, it will still be damp. Put in on your noggin to reshape if needed. After it dries you got a nice cap again

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rictafer
posted Hide Post
dishwasher

Posts: 27 | Location: Southeast Connecticut  | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I throw them in the washing machine with the other dirty clothes, then stretch them over a bowl to dry. When they're worn out, I pitch them. I must have 25 or so caps from LaRue, BCM, 5:11, etc & I never paid for any of them.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Swish it around in the pool.

I like a beat up, frayed ball cap.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2e-pJ0ReRI

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54607 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post