SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you clean your Baseball Caps?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you clean your Baseball Caps? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
At one time there was a plastic rig, that you would snap you cap in and place it on the top rack of your dishwasher. Don't seem to see them anymore.
Sooooo, what do you people do?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Wear them until they die and buy more. My caps fit into three categories. New, borderline and yard work only.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Put in the shower with me and let the water rinse it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can still get those.....

Hat Rack

I still have one, just have to convince the wife that she needs to use it when washing my hats.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Wear them until they die and buy more. My caps fit into three categories. New, borderline and yard work only.
You typed my feelings perfectly for me. Thank you. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spray with Shout stain remover where required,set the washer machine to hand wash and cold water. After washing clip the bill of the hat on to the clothes line with a clothes pin and let dry.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
You can still get those.....

Hat Rack

I still have one, just have to convince the wife that she needs to use it when washing my hats.

This ^^^ Walmart carries them also.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
So, there is a tool to clean hats? Huh, never would of thunk it Wink.

I just wash mine in the sink with warm water and some dish soap. If they get deformed, well, I have 20 million more Big Grin.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The cheap ones years ago had cardboard stiffeners in the bills and washing ruined them. I think it's pretty normal today for those to be plastic and will survive.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have my butler taker care of it

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Shower hand clean with shampoo, hang to dry.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Hand wash with woolite. Hang dry.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I do mine in bulk.

A large tote filled about 8" deep with HOT water, a scoop of oxyclean and some detergent. I let the hats soak in this solution until the water is warm enough to put my hand in. then I use a soft upholstery cleaning brush and scrub the hats. Rinse in cold water and air dry. If they have velcro straps I dry them enough not to be dripping and attach the strap to the chain on a ceiling fan and turn it on low. You could sit them in front a box fan as well. My hats come out looking like new and most of them are sweat and dirt stained going in.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Hand wash in cool water with Woolite - or wear outside when it's raining. Both are effective.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I usually lose them before they get too dirty.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I just put mine through the wash cycle with like colored items. Nothing special. No dryer though. Just hang them in the hot garage and they are dry in a couple of hours.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Throw them in the washer with my work clothes, dry them by placing them on a coffee can...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Or until you lose them.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 226Reasons:
I do mine in bulk.

A large tote filled about 8" deep with HOT water, a scoop of oxyclean and some detergent. I let the hats soak in this solution until the water is warm enough to put my hand in. then I use a soft upholstery cleaning brush and scrub the hats. Rinse in cold water and air dry. If they have velcro straps I dry them enough not to be dripping and attach the strap to the chain on a ceiling fan and turn it on low. You could sit them in front a box fan as well. My hats come out looking like new and most of them are sweat and dirt stained going in.

This is about what I do.

When they are dry, I spray on 303 Fabricguard. This keeps the staining to a minimum, and extends the periods between cleaning. Waterproofs them as well.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I soak them overnight in the bathroom sink with laundry soap.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post