SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
What are these rapidly dropping gas prices that you speak of?

Still just over $2 per gallon around these here parts. I generally fill up with mid grade for the most part though.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
$2.11. It is expected to go down some more.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Yea, gas is down while diesel hasn’t moved an inch.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time I tanked up (Monday) it was $2.49 here in the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
$2.02 @ Sam's. Up to $2.19-2.39 everywhere else.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
$1.99 at local Sam's Club and $2.14 at other stations.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, some brain trust legislator here in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois introduced legislation to require Illinois to become completely "Full service" again (meaning one can longer pump their own gas!). I doubt this will pass, but if it does, guess who is going to pay for the extra employees required at the pump? As if the prices here are not high enough already!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday, some brain trust legislator here in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois introduced legislation to require Illinois to become completely "Full service" again (meaning one can longer pump their own gas!).

Yeah, I heard about that.
I don't live far from the river and I see an awful lot of Illinois plates at the gas stations here already.

Illinois Bill Would Ban Adults From Pumping Their Own Gas
Rep. Camille Lilly, who authored the bill, says her legislation will lead to more safety, convenience, and jobs.

The Illinois Policy Institute, a think tank, notes that motorists in that state are already paying the third-highest gas taxes in the country.
https://reason.com/2020/02/12/...mping-their-own-gas/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
Yesterday, some brain trust legislator here in the Peoples' Republic of Illinois introduced legislation to require Illinois to become completely "Full service" again (meaning one can longer pump their own gas!). I doubt this will pass, but if it does, guess who is going to pay for the extra employees required at the pump? As if the prices here are not high enough already!

Not a fan of the whole banning the pumping of your own gas, I've been driving for 30 years now and still can't seem to remember whenever I go to NJ where you can't pump your own as well. There you sit and sit and sit waiting for someone to get around to helping you, I much rather be able to jump out and pump it then go.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
1.959/gal for 87 at the HEB I pass daily.
2.699/gal for 93 at the Exxon I regularly use on the route to my kid's school.

Hopefully the plant fire at ExxonMobile Beaumont doesn't affect these low prices.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Still $2.41 for 87 here in north central Florida, haven't seen any lowering of prices.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I filled up yesterday. $2.19 a gallon and I just saw $2.45 on my way home today.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I saw $2.05 around Cincy today.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.89 at the Costco in Pflugerville (North Austin area).

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
$2.22 To $2.34 depending upon what side of town you're in

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
$2.24 a Gal unleaded in Central Montana.

Few days ago in Spokane WA area it was 40 cents higher. Idaho was similar to MT.

You guys at under 2 bucks! WOW!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Last Friday, I paid $2.49 regular at Costco.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
My buddy Joe called to antagonize me by saying he'd just paid $1.84 9 a gallon. Figures, he's down in Harrodsburg. These days we buy gasoline over in Buckeyeville. The profit minded stations around here are at $2.15 a gallon. My wife runs her little hybrid on fumes so she can buy it cheap at a station we normally pass.

I remember the Obasm years. Before he was elected prez, he advocated $5 a gallon fuel so we'd drive less. Now that Trump has had a few years in office, we're seeing cheap fuel again. The libs and tree huggers are against exploration. What this kind of proves is it does tend to lower prices. In commie ruled places, like Colorado, they've pretty much ended all common sense exploration.

Now they want us to use public transportation. Like that's an option. Kali started building a common sense system, but its way over budget and hasn't even carried passengers. I sure hope this is a big campaign issue come fall. I like cheap fuel, but then I drive gas hogs. Not my wife, she helps full employment in Japan.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
$2.79 at the cheap place in Jerkwater. $1.89 in El Paso, I heard from one of the old goats coffee group, this morning.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
The oil industry fights back on dropping prices:

https://www.chron.com/business...1361.php?cmpid=ffoil

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post