SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
The oil industry fights back on dropping prices:

https://www.chron.com/business...1361.php?cmpid=ffoil

Imagine that Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Now they want us to use public transportation. Like that's an option. Kali started building a common sense system, but its way over budget and hasn't even carried passengers. I sure hope this is a big campaign issue come fall.

I’m assuming that the above is sarcasm? Nothing that the GDCs running Kali do is common sense, and former governor Moonbeam’s high speed train to nowhere was more batshit crazy than most of what those idiots come up with (apologies for slandering idiots everywhere by calling the GDCs idiots.). And Governor Useless^H^H^H^H^H^H^H uh I mean Nuisance demonstrated his astounding stupidity by canceling enough of the plan to make it completely and utterly useless and guaranteeing a white elephant that will be bleeding taxpayers for years to come rather that doing the smart thing, cancelling the entire project, blaming it on his predecessor’s lunacy, and asking the Feds for a payment plan to pay back the funds borrowed for the project. Instead, he’s tied Californians to spending boatloads for to create a disaster that will screw up farms and suck money from the taxpayers indefinitely while serving no useful purpose. Sigh...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
$2.23 in Ft. Myers , Fl.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I filled up yesterday. $1.89 for regular.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
$2.59-$2.65 for 87 octane in western ny.
These prices have been constant for several months.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Paid $2.46 for 93 octace at Sam's club in Woodbridge, VA yesterday.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Went from $1.98 to $2.29 over night.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

$2.48 - $2.50 right back up to $2.60 - $2.65 here

Funny how that happens. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Funny how that happens.

^^^^
I think it happened less before technology made it easier. I remember the guy with the long pole reaching up to change the prices. That took some real skill. It was fun to watch.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.93 @ 7-11 in Lubbock, TX last Saturday.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
2.179 in Destin FL today for regular.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Funny how that happens. Roll Eyes

Should we ask the OP to start a new thread?
Rapidly Rising Gas Prices?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Chinese Kung Flu is lowering demand worldwide for fossil fuels. Just one of the side “benefits” of a Chinese market collapse.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
2.09 down the street from me.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Was $2.29 for lowest place near me, not at $2.21.

FYI guys, lower gas prices can mean weak economic outlook.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Last week I saw a Raceway selling at under $2, but most places this week are somewhere around $2.25.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
You live in a state with zero refineries and live in a PADD region (PADD 1C) with one teeny, tiny (23,500 barrel per day) refinery in West Virginia that is only 40 miles from Pittsburg (i.e. supplies zero gasoline to Georgia).

Nearly all of your refined product (e.g. gasoline) comes via 2 pipelines from PADD 3. One of two main pipelines from PADD 3 ends in DC and the other ends in NYC, but both have several dozen delivery points in PADD 1B & 1C. The entire PADD 1 has a refining shortage too so y'all get to bid against the major east coast metropolitan areas for gasoline.

At the other end of those 2 pipelines, the 5th largest refinery in the US (#13 in the world) did this on Tuesday:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/BEUAL9dTrHM

To put its refining capacity into perspective:
  • the largest supertanker that can pass through the Suez Canal, that refinery can normally eat (aka refine into refined product) one every other day.
  • There are 3 OPEC countries that don't produce that in a day
  • There are 66 oil producing countries (#30 thru #96) that don't produce that in a day

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ Thats interesting. I did a little research and found Oklahoma has 5 refineries while Arizona has none and New Mexic has 3. I’m surprised, I had assumed every state has refineries.

LINK

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Jack of All Trades,
    Master of Nothing
    Picture of 2000Z-71
    posted Hide Post
    Right around $2.75/gal which is cheap for Anchorage.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    I guess my talk of "rapidly" dropping gas prices jinxed me because they are all right back up or higher than before.

I wonder what the excuse is now? I keep reading how demand is down and how output is up so someone is bullshitting us all again. Mad