SIGforum
Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/9780035664

February 12, 2020, 12:19 PM
PASig
Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices
Well, that's a pleasant surprise to finally see gas prices dropping around here at a much faster rate than they normally do!

What are you paying right now? We are still way more in PA dues to our insane state gas taxes but it was headed not long ago to $3 a gallon when WWIII with Iran was coming (ha!) and I'm now seeing $2.50 and lower. It would be $2 a gallon if not for the high taxes they *said* were for the roads and bridges but have been getting stolen and siphoned off for going on 4 years now since they raised them.

I'm hearing that some parts of the country are already below $2 a gallon?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

February 12, 2020, 12:22 PM
Lowest around here is $1.69.

Q

February 12, 2020, 12:24 PM
Stlhead
2.89 yesterday
February 12, 2020, 12:25 PM
mojojojo
What I've seen in the Charlotte NC area is anywhere between $2.15 and $2.25 for regular unleaded.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
February 12, 2020, 12:25 PM
stoic-one
Same here.
We're at almost exactly $2 right now($2.01), and they just raised the gas tax 8 cents a couple months ago.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
February 12, 2020, 12:28 PM
OKCGene
100% pure gas, no ethanol, Conoco-Phillips branded Top Tier brand is $2.24

E10 ethanol gas, top tier C-P brand $1.81

February 12, 2020, 12:31 PM
HRK
$2.24 unleaded

you can check gas prices for your area and find who's selling cheapest using Gas Buddy, either online or the App

February 12, 2020, 12:34 PM
bald1
$2.15 regular unleaded but the pumps are frozen! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
February 12, 2020, 12:35 PM
chellim1
quote:

That's awesome!
I wish we could buy 100% pure gas, no ethanol around here.
Unfortunately, the corn growers have too much power/control in Missouri.
Lowest for 10% ethanol gas around here is $1.80.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
February 12, 2020, 12:42 PM
1967Goat
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's awesome!
I wish we could buy 100% pure gas, no ethanol around here.
Unfortunately, the corn growers have too much power/control in Missouri.
Lowest for 10% ethanol gas around here is $1.80.

Looks like you have a few options (but not many) according to pure-gas.org. Similar to Denver. I use non-ethanol gas for my GTO and my boat.

February 12, 2020, 12:50 PM
chellim1
quote:
Looks like you have a few options (but not many) according to pure-gas.org.

Yeah, but none close to where I live.
I am familiar with pure-gas.org and bring a gas can with me when I go away from St. Louis.
I use pure gas for all of my small motors.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
February 12, 2020, 12:50 PM
Suppressed
$2.03 for the past few days at Sam's Club south of Baltimore, MD.
February 12, 2020, 12:59 PM
PR64
Down to $3.65 Mad

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
February 12, 2020, 01:17 PM
slosig
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Down to $3.65 Mad

Yeah, I was going to say $3 per gallon would be awesome. Sigh...
February 12, 2020, 01:17 PM
GWbiker
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well, that's a pleasant surprise to finally see gas prices dropping around here at a much faster rate than they normally do!

What are you paying right now? We are still way more in PA dues to our insane state gas taxes but it was headed not long ago to $3 a gallon when WWIII with Iran was coming (ha!) and I'm now seeing $2.50 and lower. It would be $2 a gallon if not for the high taxes they *said* were for the roads and bridges but have been getting stolen and siphoned off for going on 4 years now since they raised them.

I'm hearing that some parts of the country are already below $2 a gallon?

Bastards in Harrisburg (Democrats) tried to siphon off funds from the motorcycle training program in Pennsylvania to help balance their budget. They found out they could not and that pissed them off. (Some 3 mill in the fund).

Back on topic: RUG $2.39 in Tucson.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
February 12, 2020, 01:20 PM
WaterburyBob
$2.43 when I filled my tank yesterday.
That's the lowest it's been in years here.

We have one of the highest gas tax here.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
February 12, 2020, 01:23 PM
fpuhan
Here in Virginia, gas prices are going to start skyrocketing. The "wonders" in the General Assembly are about to tack on a 4-cent-per-gallon tax to once again "pay for the highways." Oh, but that's just the direct tax. Governor Blackface has indicated he's also going to add $.17 per gallon in other confiscatory measures.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
February 12, 2020, 01:27 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Here in Virginia, gas prices are going to start skyrocketing. The "wonders" in the General Assembly are about to tack on a 4-cent-per-gallon tax to once again "pay for the highways." Oh, but that's just the direct tax. Governor Blackface has indicated he's also going to add $.17 per gallon in other confiscatory measures.

You still have it good. PA increased theirs (just the state tax part) to something like 50 cents a gallon, with the promise that ALL of it would go to fixing our shitty roads but what happened is something like 75% of it is being diverted to other projects and to the PA State Police budget, it's billions of dollars we are talking about. Frown

It's infuriating and was driven home Saturday night when I hit a really bad pothole getting off one highway onto another...BAAAAA-BOOOOOOOM, it was so bad I was certain I had bent my rim and blown the tire. Mad

February 12, 2020, 01:30 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
2.89 yesterday

Yep and the democraps in the Wa. legislature just passed a bill to increase the gas tax (currently 3rd highest in the nation) to between .58 and .64 cents a gallon. Hopefully the Senate will reject it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
February 12, 2020, 01:31 PM
LBTRS
$2.99/gallon in Phoenix still. Frown