SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rapidly Dropping...Nevermind...Rapidly Rising Gas Prices Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Well, that's a pleasant surprise to finally see gas prices dropping around here at a much faster rate than they normally do!

What are you paying right now? We are still way more in PA dues to our insane state gas taxes but it was headed not long ago to $3 a gallon when WWIII with Iran was coming (ha!) and I'm now seeing $2.50 and lower. It would be $2 a gallon if not for the high taxes they *said* were for the roads and bridges but have been getting stolen and siphoned off for going on 4 years now since they raised them.

I'm hearing that some parts of the country are already below $2 a gallon?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Lowest around here is $1.69.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2.89 yesterday

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
What I've seen in the Charlotte NC area is anywhere between $2.15 and $2.25 for regular unleaded.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Same here.
We're at almost exactly $2 right now($2.01), and they just raised the gas tax 8 cents a couple months ago.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
100% pure gas, no ethanol, Conoco-Phillips branded Top Tier brand is $2.24

E10 ethanol gas, top tier C-P brand $1.81

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
$2.24 unleaded

you can check gas prices for your area and find who's selling cheapest using Gas Buddy, either online or the App

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
$2.15 regular unleaded but the pumps are frozen! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's awesome!
I wish we could buy 100% pure gas, no ethanol around here.
Unfortunately, the corn growers have too much power/control in Missouri.
Lowest for 10% ethanol gas around here is $1.80.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23948 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

That's awesome!
I wish we could buy 100% pure gas, no ethanol around here.
Unfortunately, the corn growers have too much power/control in Missouri.
Lowest for 10% ethanol gas around here is $1.80.

Looks like you have a few options (but not many) according to pure-gas.org. Similar to Denver. I use non-ethanol gas for my GTO and my boat.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like you have a few options (but not many) according to pure-gas.org.

Yeah, but none close to where I live.
I am familiar with pure-gas.org and bring a gas can with me when I go away from St. Louis.
I use pure gas for all of my small motors.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23948 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
$2.03 for the past few days at Sam's Club south of Baltimore, MD.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Down to $3.65 Mad

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Down to $3.65 Mad

Yeah, I was going to say $3 per gallon would be awesome. Sigh...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well, that's a pleasant surprise to finally see gas prices dropping around here at a much faster rate than they normally do!

What are you paying right now? We are still way more in PA dues to our insane state gas taxes but it was headed not long ago to $3 a gallon when WWIII with Iran was coming (ha!) and I'm now seeing $2.50 and lower. It would be $2 a gallon if not for the high taxes they *said* were for the roads and bridges but have been getting stolen and siphoned off for going on 4 years now since they raised them.

I'm hearing that some parts of the country are already below $2 a gallon?

Bastards in Harrisburg (Democrats) tried to siphon off funds from the motorcycle training program in Pennsylvania to help balance their budget. They found out they could not and that pissed them off. (Some 3 mill in the fund).

Back on topic: RUG $2.39 in Tucson.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
$2.43 when I filled my tank yesterday.
That's the lowest it's been in years here.

We have one of the highest gas tax here.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Here in Virginia, gas prices are going to start skyrocketing. The "wonders" in the General Assembly are about to tack on a 4-cent-per-gallon tax to once again "pay for the highways." Oh, but that's just the direct tax. Governor Blackface has indicated he's also going to add $.17 per gallon in other confiscatory measures.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Here in Virginia, gas prices are going to start skyrocketing. The "wonders" in the General Assembly are about to tack on a 4-cent-per-gallon tax to once again "pay for the highways." Oh, but that's just the direct tax. Governor Blackface has indicated he's also going to add $.17 per gallon in other confiscatory measures.

You still have it good. PA increased theirs (just the state tax part) to something like 50 cents a gallon, with the promise that ALL of it would go to fixing our shitty roads but what happened is something like 75% of it is being diverted to other projects and to the PA State Police budget, it's billions of dollars we are talking about. Frown

It's infuriating and was driven home Saturday night when I hit a really bad pothole getting off one highway onto another...BAAAAA-BOOOOOOOM, it was so bad I was certain I had bent my rim and blown the tire. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
2.89 yesterday

Yep and the democraps in the Wa. legislature just passed a bill to increase the gas tax (currently 3rd highest in the nation) to between .58 and .64 cents a gallon. Hopefully the Senate will reject it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
$2.99/gallon in Phoenix still. Frown

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post