New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bagster Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
When I got to working on the man cave I knew I'd have a good deal more scrap than I could just toss in with the normal trash. Looked into dumpsters. Smallest I could find was $250. Then I recalled seeing this rectangular green bag at the side of the road on my daily drive to the gym. Researched. Found Waste Management's Bagster.

It's terrific. You go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards or what-have-you, buy a bag for $30, and set it up somewhere WM's pickup truck will be able to hook it. When you're ready, you arrange to have WM come get it. That costs $120 in my area.

Here was mine, filled:

Created an account at WM, ordered a pickup. They send ample email communications through the entire process, incl. after they've collected it, which they did yesterday.

In addition to the stuff from gutting the room that's to become the Man Cave: I finally got rid of the left-overs from the µBarn build two years ago and threw in the tarp I'd used to keep that stuff covered, along a few of the scrap bits of concrete I'd used to hold the tarp down.

For $150, it's a Beautiful Thing Smile

I'd have kept the Bagster until the remodel's done, but I wanted it out of the driveway before it snowed and I don't expect to have much "cut off" scrap of which to dispose, anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For $30, just do it again when the project is finished!

I didn't know WM did that. Good to know.

Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Don't ever sign any sort of contract with Waste Management.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I have used several of those for various projects. Very handy.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I think it might be important to note the cost of the bag is about $30, but that absolutely does not include the pick up fee.

In my area, the pick up fee is about $185

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I've used the bag 3 or 4 times, cost was 75$s to remove. Worth it.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You still have to pay for a pickup ($131 here) but a very nice handy tool. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Isn't the pickup cost based on weight?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Isn't the pickup cost based on weight?

No, it is a flat rate up to 3300lbs or 3cubic yds.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My apologies, folks. I accidentally left out the fact there'd be a pickup fee! Corrected.

The collection fee is flat-rate, and apparently varies by location. There is weight limit and you may not fill to over the top of the sides of the bag.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Make sure they will pick it up at your address before you buy the bag. A guy at work bought one, filled it and they wont come get it.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will keep this in mind , thanks

if one bag is $90.00 to pick up , I wonder if they would p/u three bags for $175.00 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
will keep this in mind , thanks

if one bag is $90.00 to pick up , I wonder if they would p/u three bags for $175.00 ?

I looked at it for my area. There is a slightly discounted rate for each additional bag picked up.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Waste Management? They get rid of bodies too right? Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Waste Management? They get rid of bodies too right? Wink

Yes, as long as they fit into the bag and you wrap them up tightly in a black plastic tarp! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post