SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a hotel recommendation for Seattle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a hotel recommendation for Seattle Login/Join 
posted
Going to Seattle for an Astro/Mariner game in August. Can anybody recommend a decent hotel not too far from Safeco field? Don't need a 5 star, just nice, reasonable. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt before for a conference and it was very nice. Probably a little more than you what you want though.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
There is not a lot right next to Safeco. You can probably find a boutique hotel in Pioneer Sqaure. There are several good options closer to the downtown area from the larger chains. There is a Courtyard Marriott and a Fairfield Inn on Lake Union that are reasonable, the area is nice and you can walk to Daniel's Broiler or Chandler's Crab house for a fine dinner on the lake. This is the opposite side of downtown from Safeco but a nice area and a short Uber ride to the field. If you stay on the Puget Sound waterfront, there is a nice Marriott not too far from Pike Place Market. You could walk the waterfront to Safeco for the game or catch the trolley that runs along the waterfront.

Great city to visit and I love Safeco Field. You will have a great time.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve stayed at both the Silver Cloud (Seattle Stadium) right across from the stadium and the Edgewater further up the waterfront. The Edgewater will drop you off near the game in their courtesy shuttle, we ended up taking a pedicab back for ~$20. Both are good options. Don’t forget about the Pyramid Alehouse right across from the game as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated gents. Got the game and airline tickets, just got to pick a place to stay.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at all of the Kimpton hotels and would recommend any of them. I think the Alexis is walking distance to the stadium.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
edgewater and kimpton are both good choices. kimpton is closer by several blocks.

edgewater is, wait for it, on the edge of the water, over hangs, in fact and the beatles stayed there once.

when my wife and i stay in seattle instead of taking a late ferry we stay at the kimpton. it's good enough to go back to.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI it's high season in Seattle area for hotels. We have an office there and I just stayed at an Embassy Suites in Lynnwood for $250 a night as it was one of the few that wasn't booked solid.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post