SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Erin Moran from "Happy Days"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Erin Moran from "Happy Days" Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Dead at 56 according to reports from overnight.

https://www.google.com/amp/www...-dies-at-56.amp.html

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan of the earlier episodes of "Happy Days" as a kid, and Joanie could be a funny smart-aleck sister. Unfortunately, Erin had a lot of troubles through the years after her "Joanie Loves Chachi" days. RIP, Erin.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Opioid overdose

Betcha

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
She always seemed wound up tighter than a ball of twine, even as a kid. May she rest in peace.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
These are the individuals that Hollywood grinds up and spits out. They are flashes in the pan that are here today and gone tomorrow. In a very small way, I know how that feels. It must be difficult to have been and then no more. Seems that is a leveraging factor to the hard life we hear about.

RIP Erin.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize she had such a troubled life.

RIP Erin

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
This happened 10 miles from my home.
She's been in the newspaper locally the last few years as homeless and in trouble with the law.

This part of the country is overrun with heroin.
Dope takes a life everyday around here.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
This part of the country is overrun with heroin.
Dope takes a life everyday around here.

It seems like ti is all parts of the country. It certainly is routine in western Washington.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
that is very sad news

she was only a few years younger than me and was one of my childhood icons

drugs - that just sucks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
RIP Erin. Too bad your life fell apart. You sure were a cute kid.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if she was hung out to dry by her 'Hollywood friends' or her local friends where she loved, or if she just pushed them all away

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Since I heard the news, I have not been able to get this scene out of my head...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
RIP. She slipped away into obscurity and a rough life.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry that she could not hold it together better. RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Being a child actor is like being an an athlete, one reaches the absolute peak of their lives at a young age, yet 99% of them will see their run last only a few years. Coming back down to Earth and being Joe-Six-Pack is a tough pill to swallow, given their lack of education and being coddled for years. Moran worked in an era when TV salaries were not that supercharged (and residual deals were almost nonexistent), so I can't imagine her banking a whole lotta dough, especially given her limited resume as a bit player on Happy Days, and a one season co star of a long forgotten TV show.

Her story is an all too common one in the entertainment/ sports business.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
She's the only one from that series that fell into despair. the rest had their careers continue in some manner to this day.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Time flies by...

Daktari '68, age 6. Remember Clarence the cross eyed lion? :-)

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I remember DakTari and the lion.....faintly. I never knew she had anything to do with the show.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I remember Daktari well. I didn't know Moran was in it.

I still want a Land Rover painted in zebra stripes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
Fox News just reported she died from complications from Stage 4 cancer. No illegal narcotics were present. Tox report is pending.

Screw cancer.

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post