SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Movies you can watch again and again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies you can watch again and again Login/Join 
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Casablanca
High Noon
The Godfather
Unforgiven
The Sand Pebbles
Saving Private Ryan
Office Space

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Vanishing Point

A good movie and hard to find.

Of course my favorite scene is the naked chick on the motorcycle.

I assume you both are referring to the original with Barry Newman in the protagonist's role. It happens that we lived in Williams, AZ when a remake with Viggo Mortensen was filmed. I took a couple days off work to take part.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
In addition to about 90 % of the aforementioned wonderful cinematic jewels, I will add

Kill Bill, 1 and 2

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Gotta add Silence of the Lambs.
Liked the remake of Manhunter, Red Dragon more than the original. (cuz, Anthony Hopkins as Lector)
Unforgiven
Dawn of the Dead (sprinting zombies!)
Tombstone
The Big Lebowski
Saving Private Ryan
Grand Torino

and most all the others already listed.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding...

Raising Arizona
Zombie Land

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
The Blues Brothers...
Tora Tora Tora
Midway
Wake Island

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Vanishing Point

Originally posted by GWbiker:
A good movie and hard to find.

Originally posted by TMats:
I assume you both are referring to the original with Barry Newman in the protagonist's role. It happens that we lived in Williams, AZ when a remake with Viggo Mortensen was filmed. I took a couple days off work to take part.

That's pretty cool. I saw that TV movie back in the '90s. Can't touch the original, though.

I took a cross country road trip in 2011. I drove through Cisco UT, where the climax of the original Vanishing Point took place (doubling for Cisco CA).

Here's a scene featuring the Shell Station where the bulldozers have roadblocked the highway from the 1971 film.

Here's my car parked in front of the dilapidated Shell building back in 2011.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
LCS, the screenshot over the dozer blade from the movie is a good one. You see the parked dozers in the shot with my foot on the bumper. If you’re a good photographer, the Cisco Desert in Utah provides unparalleled sunrises and sunsets that make for some spectacular shots—I think it shows in your picture from 2011.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
If you’re a good photographer, the Cisco Desert in Utah provides unparalleled sunrises and sunsets that make for some spectacular shots—I think it shows in your picture from 2011.

Cool! I did encounter some amazing sunsets during my trip. I was late getting to Cisco thanks to the snow on the highway in the mountains. The sun was going down - I was worried I'd miss daylight completely!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Vanishing Point
Saw it when it came out 1971 I think.

I didn't realise until a couple years ago that it was actually was an old Camaro loaded with dynamite that they crashed. The movie company company had the Challenger on loan to save money and had to return it when filming was done.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
The Lost Battalion, I like movies based on actual events.

Posts: 4077 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You gents have covered most of them for me.

I'll add:

Patton, Legally Blond, Used Cars, Ice Station Zebra and Miracle on Ice.

Foreign Films: Hunde Wollt Ihr Ewig Leben, Das Wunder von Bern, La Cage Aux Folles, and a few others most here would also not recognize. I recently saw a few recently made French Films (dubbed in German) I'd add to my list. The French make some really good movies.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rear Window
The Birds

Hitchcock was a master.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Scarface
Terminator
Kick Ass
wanted.

The story of my life Lols.

Posts: 90 | Registered: December 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A Few Good Men
The Firm
Singles
Kingpin
There’s Something About Mary
Battle Los Angeles
The Thing 1951
The Thing 1982
The Thing 2011
Them
Night of the Living Dead 1990
The Lost Battalion
The Kingdom

Most WWII Movies I can see multiple times.

Only saw the Siege of Jadotville once but I could wacth it multiple times also.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
I cant turn it off when I stumble upon it.

For me that would be True Lies

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
-Grosse Pointe Blank
-The Ghost and the Darkness
-Ronin
-Blackhawk Down
-Fury
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Man on Fire
-The Count of Monte Cristo
-Full Metal Jacket
-Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
-Snatch
-Arthur, Legend of the Sword

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to watch Papillion again. Steve McQueen @ his best.
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/rdeS1vJNgpg [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention one of my all-time favs:

Slapshot

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post