SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What hard to find candy bar or candy do you enjoy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What hard to find candy bar or candy do you enjoy? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Mars bars. They haven’t been around in a long time. The rumor is that Snickers with almonds is the same thing. But I’m sure the nougat is different. I think the Mars bar had a white nougat while the snickers has a softer chocolate nougat. I also don’t recall a caramel layer in the Mars bar.

The oringal Mars was my favorite, then they changed it up. Snickers Almond sort of replaced it but, like you pointed out, the caramel layer was added. I understand the Mars in the UK is like the original

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
The Marathon Bar (caramel strands, woven together, and covered in chocolate) came out when I was a kid and it quickly became one of my favorites. I would freeze them...
That was my favorite as well and I remember putting them in the freezer, too. I have since lost my "sweet tooth" for the most part, which probably helps in NOT weighing 300 lbs. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Chocolate French Chew.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
When I get one at the specialty candy store, most of my friends here have no idea what a Zagnut is, even when I mention the Beetlejuice scene.

That's always what I think of when I hear Zagnut.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abba Zabba! (damnit).

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
late 1950s style "Idaho Spud bar"

loosely egg shaped chocolate coating with ?tiny coconut gravel, with a two-chamber interior surrounding a ?nugate center.

They revived them about 30 years ago for a period of time. Either they were very different or my memory drifted.

Can't eat any of it these days anyway.

Beat me to it! I loved those for years and years! Even if I could find some now, I couldn't eat them. Would blow my blood sugar all to hell

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Racking my brain trying to remember what store I was in...Checkout lane and there at the head of it was a large display of candy after candy that I hadn’t seen for many years including Necco, Dots (both the jelly kind and the kind that are little colored spots of candy on a strip of paper, Black Cow suckers, Blackjack, Beemans and Clove chewing gum, and more, much more. The sad thing is, I didn’t buy any of it.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid living in Missouri, we had a candy called Cherry Mash, I loved those things have not seen one in years or ever out here on the Eastern side of the US.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Violet Crumble

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember the craft store, Michael's (?) sold the retro candy ear the cash registers.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Necco Wafers

Are you serious? I thought those were the fruitcake of candies. No one ever voluntarily consumed them.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hershey's Krackle bar. Like a crunch bar, but so much better. Apparently a low seller and deleted from production in '18. I am reduced to buying the fun size variety packs to get them 6 or so at a tine.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Racking my brain trying to remember what store I was in...Checkout lane and there at the head of it was a large display of candy after candy that I hadn’t seen for many years including Necco, Dots (both the jelly kind and the kind that are little colored spots of candy on a strip of paper, Black Cow suckers, Blackjack, Beemans and Clove chewing gum, and more, much more. The sad thing is, I didn’t buy any of it.

Sounds like the front of my local Tractor Supply.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Three Musketeers they way they used to be in the 1950s

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Kit Kats from Canada actually have a slightly different taste. Maybe a little creamier. Perhaps it has more cocoa butter?

Remember when Whatchamcallit had a different recipe (don't think it was better) and also Reeses crunchy cups had the fine crushed peanuts right on top (definitely better)?

One of the BEST was a fund raising candy bar that I think is still made and has a woman's name for the company I think (not World's Finest). The best one simply said Caramel and it just oozed out when you broke the chocolate. They had a Krunch and another variety or two, but Caramel was the one everyone devoured.

Have not had one of those in years. Caramello is not quite the same.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Three Musketeers they way they used to be in the 1950s.

And Payday the way they were in the 1960s.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
Real licorice.

Australia and a few European countries still make some passable licorice.

My wife found Wiley Wallaby black licorice at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It is excellent.

Must be a regional thing, every grocery store, hardware store, gas station, etc. around here seems to have it, in multiple flavors.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I prefer the older Mars bar.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just thought of another that was similar to Butterfinger, but more dense; Bolster.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post