SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What hard to find candy bar or candy do you enjoy?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What hard to find candy bar or candy do you enjoy? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
When I was a kid living in Missouri, we had a candy called Cherry Mash, I loved those things have not seen one in years or ever out here on the Eastern side of the US.

We sold the Cherry Mash(along with many mentioned here) in our family store for $0.10. It was soooo sweet that it made your teeth hurt......still does just thinking about it!!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Clark Bars. They are my ultimate favorite candy, but they are very difficult to find locally. The only place I've found them is at Fry's Electronics stores.

flashguy

^^Another vote for Clark bars. The company that made them was bought out last year or year before. Not sure if they've been brought back to market. My second choice; Zero bars, which can be hard to find.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Chunky and Charleston Chew, haven't seen them in years though they are still made.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
Chunky and Charleston Chew, haven't seen them in years though they are still made.

Exactly the two I was going to post! Found them on Amazon, but likely won't order them.

We always kept the Charleston Chews in the freezer so they'd last longer.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mountain Bar

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twin Bing bars.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Lindt 95% Cocoa EXCELLENCE Bar (2.8 oz)

for some reason 95% is hard to find. i see 90 and 85 a lot. the higher the cocoa content = less sugar. i eat them by the square to better count the carbs.

85% - 9g net per serving (4 squares) = 2.25g net per square

90% - 4g net per serving (3 squares) = 1.30g net per square

95% - 3g net per serving (4 pieces _) = 0.75g net per square

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Kit Kats from Canada actually have a slightly different taste. Maybe a little creamier. Perhaps it has more cocoa butter?

Remember when Whatchamcallit had a different recipe (don't think it was better) and also Reeses crunchy cups had the fine crushed peanuts right on top (definitely better)?

One of the BEST was a fund raising candy bar that I think is still made and has a woman's name for the company I think (not World's Finest). The best one simply said Caramel and it just oozed out when you broke the chocolate. They had a Krunch and another variety or two, but Caramel was the one everyone devoured.

Have not had one of those in years. Caramello is not quite the same.

The candy bar your speaking of wouldn’t be Kathryn Bike ? MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

My favorite, too. Can't eat them anymore so they just mock me silently while I pay the bill at Cracker Barrel.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:

Exactly the two I was going to post! Found them on Amazon, but likely won't order them.

We always kept the Charleston Chews in the freezer so they'd last longer.

Thanks for the reminder. We kept them in the freezer too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Mallomar cookies. Can't find them out here in the PNW.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cherry Mash. Finally found them online.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to love Charleston Chew candy bars. You can get the small ones in a box but they don't taste the same as I remember. I also liked the Reggie Bar.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Mallomar cookies. Can't find them out here in the PNW.

Hell yes. Just had one for the first time a few months ago and now I am eating the shit out of a box as I type this.

Also, frozen Kit Kat dipped in a Wendy's Frosty. You are welcome.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Clark Bars. They are my ultimate favorite candy, but they are very difficult to find locally. The only place I've found them is at Fry's Electronics stores.

flashguy

^^Another vote for Clark bars. The company that made them was bought out last year or year before. Not sure if they've been brought back to market. My second choice; Zero bars, which can be hard to find.
Well, they are going to make them again in Pennsylvania, it seems. I hope they are the same as they were before the sellout.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, one of my aunts returned from a trip to China with a present for our family: Chinese “candy”. It was individually wrapped pieces of meat preserved in lemon juice. Very tasty and very unusual – I’ve never seen it offered for sale in the US. I just checked Amazon – not there either. Maybe I didn’t use the right search string.

I did find this though:

Edible Insects Bag of Mixed Edible Bugs. Grasshoppers, Crickets, Silk Worms and Sago Worms. Frown

www.amazon.com/dp/B01D961QI6/r..._api_i_c12NDb12J8T0W

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cadbury roses

idem ea dixit

Posts: 1390 | Location: Daphne, AL | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looking up some of these I stumbled across Powerhouse candy bar by PeterPaul. I can't recall what these even tasted like. I want to say like Baby Ruth but that may be just because the package was similar.

Anyone recall Powerhouse?

I loved Zero candy bars years ago, but I think I ate one too many. All I know is at some point in my childhood I decided I didn't want one again.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Is that a joke? Confused

I used to buy German-made Rittersport in Rum Raisin Hazelnut flavor regularly, but I think it was discontinued in my area due to the rum content.

Violet Crumble is good if you like chocolate covered honeycomb.

I also recommend Nestle Aero bars, especially mint Aero. I think they are easier to find if you live near the Canadian border.

If you get the chance, try green tea Kit-Kat, but I think it's only made for the Asian market.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post