SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can Anybody Identify This Window Sticker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Anybody Identify This Window Sticker? Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted
So, this has been driving me mildly nuts. I see this sticker around town (Colorado), but I have no idea what it signifies. I googled the number, but it only gave me license plate results. I have seen it on different sorts of vehicles, but have no contextual clues as to what it means.

Anybody know what it is?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Geocaching. it is "discoverable" by other geocachers.

Travel bug....

https://www.google.com/?as_qdr...g+car+decal&*&spf=63

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It took 2 minutes to answer a question that was bugging me for months.

THANKS!

So do the numbers mean something to fellow geocachers?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Yes. You can "discover" them and write a note where you saw it. You can also "pick up" a bug, to take it on adventures. Typically they are attached to a small trinket. Some, like me, use it to keep track of where I have travelled and "found" caches.

My brother has one on his truck and on his camper. I used to steal them (virtually) and put them random places.

Then he started "taking" my son and I wouldn't "take" him back.

By the way, any cachers who see this- feel free to "discover" me. HZ9YZZ

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Each bug has a number to ID it, like a gun. The same model, but this one is yours. Wink

I have a geocoin that travels with me, and it visits caches. It gets miles on it, virtually.
It has been to the Bahamas and St. Thomas and the caches we found there.

Lots of travel bugs. Some have missions. If you find it in a cache and you can help it on its mission, you can take it and drop it in another cache, IRL, not virtually.

The car thing is more recent.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
This sounds like the Pokémon but for "grown ups".

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
This sounds like the Pokémon but for "grown ups".

Nah, that's Ingress (the beta game for Po-Go).

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post