SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lawyer's briefcase
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawyer's briefcase Login/Join 
Picture of Prestoked
posted
My grandson's graduation ceremony from law school is next month and I want to give him a nice, but not ostentatious leather briefcase for a present. If it makes a difference, he is specializing in criminal defense. I know we have many attorneys here and I trust forum member's input. I would like suggestions on which one to get him in the $200-$650 range. I will probably be ordering from Amazon.
Thank you in advance for your input.

*Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Caspian, Dan Wessons, Clark, Wilson Combat, Kahrs, CZ SP01 Shadow, Desert Eagle, Les Baers, Ed Brown, Pythons*

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Posts: 224 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a Saddleback leather briefcase. I use the thin front pocket briefcase, but there are many different sizes, styles, and colors available. Be careful with the larger sizes and styles - they get pretty huge and some of them (like the classic leather briefcase, in my opinion) are bit too unwieldy for courtroom/office use. Mine is similar in size to a traditional hard sided brief case - big enough to carry my laptop, a few files, and some misc. odds and ends. Good quality full-grain leather, tough as nails, not flashy or ostentatious, but nice.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
I would suggest a Saddleback leather briefcase. I use the thin front pocket briefcase, but there are many different sizes, styles, and colors available. Be careful with the larger sizes and styles - they get pretty huge and some of them (like the classic leather briefcase, in my opinion) are bit too unwieldy for courtroom/office use. Mine is similar in size to a traditional hard sided brief case - big enough to carry my laptop, a few files, and some misc. odds and ends. Good quality, tough as nails, not flashy or ostentatious, but nice.

Thank you. This is the kind of advice I was hoping for. Saddleback has been high on my list.

*Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Caspian, Dan Wessons, Clark, Wilson Combat, Kahrs, CZ SP01 Shadow, Desert Eagle, Les Baers, Ed Brown, Pythons*

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Posts: 224 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Check out sureshot45's briefcase.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but looking for something more classic/conservative.

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have this from Coronado leather: https://coronadoleather.com/co.../americana-ceo-am200 It’s a fantastic briefcase. Lawyers and judges all complement me on it. It even has a CCW compartment that works quite well.

Edited to add: Check the NRA store. My wife got mine there. Rather than Bison leather it was cow leather. There was a substantial savings without a drop in quality.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
My SBL large briefcase from around 2008 still looking great and strong like bull! Get the thin version as a starter kit to what will be a lifetime of collecting!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would suggest a Saddleback leather briefcase. I use the thin front pocket briefcase, but there are many different sizes, styles, and colors available.

Saddlebacks are awesome. Also agree on the thin front pocket briefcase. Great choice.
I like the lighter (Tobacco) color.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Saddleback’snew “flight bag” is gorgeous and more reasonably priced than their briefcases. I’ve had their large briefcase for almost a decade now. The flightbag is the first offering they’ve had that has tempted me to replace my original.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.etsy.com/listing/5...&ref=sr_gallery-1-17
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I ordered the Saddleback thin front pocket.

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I have this from Coronado leather: https://coronadoleather.com/co.../americana-ceo-am200 It’s a fantastic briefcase. Lawyers and judges all complement me on it. It even has a CCW compartment that works quite well.

Edited to add: Check the NRA store. My wife got mine there. Rather than Bison leather it was cow leather. There was a substantial savings without a drop in quality.

Nice!

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I agree with a nice leather satchel. For me personally, I prefer quick access, especially to the pen storage. I don't care for slower buckles.

Any of those would be an exceptional present and much nicer than most start with.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’m not in a place to do it, but I cant believe no one has posted “yo, homey, is that my briefcase” Smile

And....congrats to your grandson.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Here's a nice one from Kenneth Cole... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I’m not in a place to do it, but I cant believe no one has posted “yo, homey, is that my briefcase” Smile

And....congrats to your grandson.

Thanks! His clients will be giving him enough "yos" and "homies" I'm sure. Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
if he's going to do criminal defense, a couple of sheets of kevlar backing a rifle plate might be a useful addition.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
if he's going to do criminal defense, a couple of sheets of kevlar backing a rifle plate might be a useful addition.

Good thought!

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I agree with a nice leather satchel. . . . I don't care for slower buckles.

What, you don't charge by the hour, in 6-minute increments? Eek Big Grin

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Get compliments everyday on my orvis bag.

https://goo.gl/images/OtI4xL

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post