SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
No not said someone looked pretty...something about wanting them to jerk him off with a vibrator and fuck them with a loofa. As far as him being not guilty do you for one second think that a man with his temperment and general blowhard attitude wouldn't fight these allegations tooth and nail if he were innocent? I know people are gonna say fox forced him to settle blah blah blah. Bullshit. He wouldn't let that stand if he were innocent.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I have no dog in the fight since I don't watch any cable news, but the bottom line is that it will come down to numbers.

Yes, he still has the highest ratings in that time slot, but if you can't monetize those ratings in advertising fees it's pretty much worthless.

If advertisers won't buy those time slots, he will be replaced. If they will buy the time slots, he will return.

It's really that simple - don't get caught up in thinking that they are pondering big moral or ethical questions here, it's a simple dollars and cents proposition.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
No not said someone looked pretty...something about wanting them to jerk him off with a vibrator and fuck them with a loofa. As far as him being not guilty do you for one second think that a man with his temperment and general blowhard attitude wouldn't fight these allegations tooth and nail if he were innocent? I know people are gonna say fox forced him to settle blah blah blah. Bullshit. He wouldn't let that stand if he were innocent.

When it comes to these sex harrassment accusations, there is no such thing as innocent. You are presumed guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

When it comes to these sex harrassment accusations, there is no such thing as innocent. You are presumed guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unless your last name is Clinton. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Unless your last name is Clinton. Wink

Good points. The double standard is ridiculous.
But... no proof is necessary, the allegations alone are damaging to Bill O’Reilly.

With his fate in the hands of a Murdoch family calculating the risks and rewards of keeping him on or forcing him out of the network.... he goes to the Vatican to pray.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
something about wanting them to jerk him off with a vibrator and fuck them with a loofa.

I've been doing it wrong. Frown

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
No not said someone looked pretty...something about wanting them to jerk him off with a vibrator and fuck them with a loofa.

Tomato, tomahto...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Oooooohhhh, RACIST!

It's all settled, then.

Seriously, which one is your choice for SJW of the Day? Miss Racist, or Mr. Safe Space?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt be sad if Tucker took his place.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: Wall Street Journal Reports Fox WILL Dump O’Reilly

It’s been a big news day with regard to the future of Bill O’Reilly on Fox News. We’ve heard reports that the Murdochs want to drop him and that 21st Century Fox will have a board meeting to discuss his employment.

Now, the Wall Street Journal is reporting that O’Reilly will indeed be ousted from his position at Fox News.

Fox News is preparing to cut ties with its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, according to people close to the situation.

A final decision on Mr. O’Reilly’s fate could come as early as the next several days, the people said. Mr. O’Reilly, host of “The O’Reilly Factor,” has been ensnared in a sexual-harassment scandal related to previously undisclosed settlements he and Fox News paid to women who worked on or appeared on his program.

The WSJ article rehashes a bit of what we already know: 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News, will hold a board meeting to discuss O’Reilly’s future, and that a decision could come within the next few days.

What makes the WSJ article so significant is that they and Fox are part of Newscorp, marking this article the first piece of the Murdoch empire to say O’Reilly is gone. That is much bigger than CNN, a rival of Fox News, or New York Magazine reporting on the rumors surrounding the negotiations.

It appears that by the end of the week, if not sooner, we’ll know if there is an opening in Fox News’ prime time lineup.

http://www.redstate.com/joesqu...x-will-dump-oreilly/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. First they say:

quote:
Fox WILL Dump O’Reilly

And then they say:

quote:
that 21st Century Fox will have a board meeting to discuss his employment.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him go. His arrogance is more than I can handle these days.

If they do let him go, I don't suspect it'll hurt them much, if at all. He's led the ratings since forever, but I think that that is more due to his time slot than he himself. Put a fresh face in there and they'll do just fine.

As for O'Reilly, hopefully he can get his shit squared away. Perhaps his trip to the Vatican is the kick in the ass he needs to start that process.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Is this how the media empire strikes back?

They would give anything to neuter Fox News, and O'Reilly is the biggest cash cow.

The sex harassment claims are trouble, no matter how you slice it. All it takes is one gal after another to claim "he looked at me funny and raised his eyebrows, and I was uncomfortable...."

Already some big check writers are holding up their ads.

The God Damned Commies are already licking their chops.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for O'Reilly, hopefully he can get his shit squared away. Perhaps his trip to the Vatican is the kick in the ass he needs to start that process.

O'Reilly can now start writing his next book, entitled: "Killing My Career."

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
How could one guy be so incredibly stupid. If there's any good news in this, it seems the earlier reports of domestic abuse have subsided.
Like him or not, he was a very generous person. That part rarely seems to get told. I hope Dennis Miller avoids the splatter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
MATT DRUDGE: ‏Verified account @DRUDGE

O'Reilly has had tremendous run. Very few in the business get to decide when and how things end. Media is most brutal of all industries...

-rduckwor

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
He's an arrogant prick and I wouldn't be shocked if he was guilty of at least some of the charges, but I'd also not be surprised if he was innocent and was simply the victim of money-hungry biatches being funded by left-wing sources to ruin him.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He's not going anywhere.

And he has great ratings for a reason, and it's because he's good at what he does.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It is kinda hard to see him being forced out without the fires being a little hotter than they are. OTOH, a pretty fair amount of noise seems to have been drummed up awfully quick and I'm sure the executives don't like that.

quote:
Originally posted by FRANKT:
I hope Dennis Miller avoids the splatter.

Eh, Dennis Miller had his own career years before O'Reilly ever came within shouting distance of a national audience.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Don't understand all the love for this smug, arrogant, gun-hating motherfucker. This isn't a one time accusation. He has a history with women; a bad history. If he has saved his money wisely he should be set for the rest of his life because he has an extended summer vacation. I'm sure he'll
be a big hit at the Vatican.

Ciao, baby. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not sorry to see him go but I hate seeing the left get a win by removing him

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post