SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
wonder if it will be permanent...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 22889 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Too bad.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
His ratings are huge. He's going nowhere.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched it tonight....is Guilfoyle subbing? Eek

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Haven't watched it tonight....is Guilfoyle subbing? Eek

No, Dana Perino.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why would it be permanent?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Amid a sexual harassment scandal and advertiser boycott, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly announced Tuesday that he will take a nearly two-week vacation.

The vacation is a family trip that was planned in October, including airline and hotel reservations, O'Reilly spokesperson Mark Fabiani told CNNMoney. O'Reilly usually takes time off around Easter, though his corresponding vacations in 2016 and 2015 did not last as long as this one will.

Both Fox News and Fabiani said that O'Reilly will return to the program on April 24, and will be replaced by rotating substitute hosts during his absence. There is already rampant speculation both inside Fox News and in the media -- led by a report by New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman -- that he may not return, though a Fox News spokesperson denied that was the case.

Fabiani also disputed that speculation: "Other than the vacation guest hosts, The Factor broadcast will remain unchanged until Mr. O'Reilly's return post-vacation," he said.

O'Reilly's ultimate fate will be determined by Rupert Murdoch and his sons, who run Fox News parent company 21st Century Fox. One source close to the matter said their understanding is that Rupert, the Executive Chairman, would like to keep O'Reilly on air, while his son James, the Chief Executive Officer, is opposed to that idea. 21st Century Fox declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Fox has asked the law firm Paul, Weiss to conduct an internal investigation into O'Reilly's treatment of Wendy Walsh, a former guest on "The O'Reilly Factor" who alleges that the host sexually harassed her.

The New York Times reported earlier this month that O'Reilly and Fox paid about $13 million in settlements to five women who accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment or verbal abuse over more than a decade. (Walsh was not one of them.) O'Reilly has disputed the merits of the accusations.

The scandal is particularly sensitive for the Murdochs because they re-signed O'Reilly to a multi-million-dollar contract earlier this year knowing about the $13 million in settlements to O'Reilly's accusers, according to two sources with knowledge of the matter.

A Fox News spokesperson would not comment on where O'Reilly and his family would be vacationing. Fabiani said only that the arrangements were made last October and that "the vacation involves a group of people, and the timing coincides with the period Mr. O'Reilly often takes off in and around his children's spring break."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
CNN has been really pushing the story lately, way more than anyone else.
The problem with relying on them for the truth is that they have a huge conflict of interest. They have been hammered by him in the ratings for decades and sound more like an ex-wife than a news organization.
Not saying he didn't do anything, I have heard these stories for years and he and FOX have paid some significant settlements for alleged misdeeds.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As a rule I do not watch O'Reilly. Don't care for his show.

However, this charge of sexual misconduct on his part sounds suspiciously like another one of those women who simply believe anyone who disagrees with them, and is personally rich, is ripe for the cleaning, read large out of court settlement.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I've seen it in the workplace. It's disgusting when it's false, pure evil and moral terpitude on the part of the women who falsely make those charges. It seems women who do this should pay some type of price in the legal sense, but it seems they just get off scott free when their case is thrown out for lack of credibility, after putting their victims through hell.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I always have trouble with sexual harassment or other sex-related allegations. The time for the hue and cry was at the time it happened, not years later.

Posts: 27916 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
He and fox paid $13million as part of the settlement so I doubt there isn't some truth to it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its been going on for awhile

not the first, just the latest

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I just want Bill to be happy. It's important to me. Whatever works out for the best.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
He and fox paid $13million as part of the settlement so I doubt there isn't some truth to it.

Well, I doubt it very much. Don't believe it for a second in fact.

So what'd he do? Say she looked pretty that day? Nice dress? Some harmless male banter? Whatever...

I seriously don't care.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
As a rule I do not watch O'Reilly. Don't care for his show.

However, this charge of sexual misconduct on his part sounds suspiciously like another one of those women who simply believe anyone who disagrees with them, and is personally rich, is ripe for the cleaning, read large out of court settlement.

Though it tends to be quite the successful tactic when used by the left. Have not heard from another sometimes conservative named Bill here in awhile have we?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
I remember back in the day when Bill O'Reilly worked at WNEP in Wilkes-Barre. He did a bunch of stuff there including working on Uncle Ted's Ghoul School. Today that shtick has been taken over by Svengoolie on Me-TV.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Kinda like when someone is charged with a crime they must be guilty. Right? Eek

Posts: 22889 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Off to the Vatican, it seems.

Too long to copy and paste, but for those interested, O'Reilly

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post