SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm quite certain that there are false accusations against him in all this, but not all of them. I'm not in the least surprised that Leftists were attracted to the chummed waters of this mess. When you get right down to it, though, there's really only one person responsible for O'Reilly's downfall.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, George Soros. Frown

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We love to talk about personal responsibility. Is that all it is? Just talk?

posted Hide Post
I'm wearing my "No Spin Zone" hat right now, in memory of his great run.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched O'Reilly on a regular basis since the end of the 2012 election, just got tired of his "fair and balanced" schtick. I have seen bits here and there since, mainly some of the Dennis Miller stuff. But even years ago, O'Reilly has been getting into lots of trouble with his mouth and females, paying out millions when there were phone recordings as proof. By all accounts, sounds like he was not the greatest guy to work with, especially if one was female.

Did he rape or forced his advances on woman? I doubt it. But it seems his mouth (and temper) in a corporate setting is what got him into hot water. Is it fair that he loses his entire career over this? Maybe not, but in the normal world, guys like him get canned everyday; high performing assholes who fail to get along with co-workers.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I'm wearing my "No Spin Zone" hat right now, in memory of his great run.

I'm wearing my "Spinner Zone" hat in memory of his great run. Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
There is one person responsible for O'Reilly's demise.

Did the left smell blood in the water, jump on it, and claim they did it? Of course, it's what they do. But we all know that had Bill lived a moral life, he wouldn't be in this pickle.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass Bill.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
There is one person responsible for O'Reilly's demise.

Did the left smell blood in the water, jump on it, and claim they did it? Of course, it's what they do. But we all know that had Bill lived a moral life, he wouldn't be in this pickle.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass Bill.

It is easy to pick a side and satisfy yourself with the outcome.

The problem is that in these cases, often allegation is all there is.

Some think that if there is one allegation, maybe its fabricated but if there are a dozen, some must be true.

In other cases, there is some level of corroboration and when there is, it is easier to draw a conclusion. But as Davis points out, "there is no objectively reachable conclusion that justice has been done."

O'Reilly knew he was the object of hatred, undoubtedly had security wherever he went. I recall reading that he never spoke on the telephone with a monitor listening in, and never met alone with anyone. He understood the risk he was exposed to, that some had motive to bring him down. Why allow opportunity?

Some laughed at and criticized Vice President Pence last month when it was disclosed he refused to dine with females or attend functions where alcohol was served unless his wife was present.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
"Some laughed at abd criticized Vice President Pence last month when it was disclosed he refused to dine with females or attend functions where alcohol was served unless his wife was present."

Smart man.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I seem to recall, years ago, that some female associate of O'Reilly's received a phone call that she taped. He suggested to her that she masturbate with a "loofah" and he seemed to be masturbating. She taped the call because she had received others like it. This-- I believe-- was settled out of court for a reputedly large sum of moolah.

That is sexual harassment.

Well said. Money was paid because it happened. If this was a members wife, daughter, or girlfriend we would be having a much different discussion.

What's a loofah?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A loofah is basically a rough-textured bath sponge. It's not literally a sponge-- I think it is derived from a plant. But O'Reilly was suggesting it be used as a sex toy.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I seem to recall, years ago, that some female associate of O'Reilly's received a phone call that she taped. He suggested to her that she masturbate with a "loofah" and he seemed to be masturbating. She taped the call because she had received others like it. This-- I believe-- was settled out of court for a reputedly large sum of moolah.

That is sexual harassment.

Well said. Money was paid because it happened. If this was a members wife, daughter, or girlfriend we would be having a much different discussion.

What's a loofah?

Actually, he called it a "falafel," a Mideast pita pocket, instead of a "loofah," a sponge. Razz

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
falafel is fried balls of ground chickpeas, looks a lot like hushpuppies, often served in a pita pocket - but not necessarily. they're delicious, but give some a serious case of the farts... given that the texture is hushpuppy like, and the size they are - the comment makes sense, however lewd or inappropriate for the office. strange, I guess, but whatever tickles him.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
. . .they have a strong Plan B ready to deploy. This apparently involves the awarding of the O’Reilly Factor time slot to the nomadic Tucker Carlson. . .

As reported by "The Hill", Carlson gets the slot: LINK

quote:
Fox News moves Tucker Carlson up to O’Reilly time slot
BY ELLIOT SMILOWITZ - 04/19/17 03:10 PM EDT

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is moving into Bill O’Reilly’s coveted 8 p.m. time slot in the wake of O’Reilly’s departure from the network.

Fox unveiled its new weeknight schedule moments after announcing O’Reilly was leaving the network in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” will move from its 9 p.m. spot into O’Reilly’s longtime 8 p.m. slot.

"The O'Reilly Factor" has been the top-rated cable news show for the past 15 years, and the combative conservative host leaves big shoes to fill.

But Carlson has shown a knack for drawing ratings at Fox. Originally airing at 7 p.m. when it debuted in September, "Tucker Carlson Tonight" was moved to the 9 p.m. spot after Megyn Kelly left Fox News in November. Kelly had been the second-most-watched host on cable, but Carlson bested her ratings in the time slot. . .

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Movin' on up
To the East siiiiide...

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, he called it a "falafel," a Mideast pita pocket, instead of a "loofah," a sponge.

I'd forgotten that! He told her to masturbate with a falafel. Big Grin Big Grin Kinky!!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get some baba ganoush goin' there too, baby.

Goofy bastard

Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I suppose Geraldo now has hopes of being called to replace O'Really. Let the scuffling begin. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Geraldo Rivera is the herpes of American infotainment.

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
How long before the left goes after Tucker? He's made his name destroying leftists in fair debate and he will get ratings for fox.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post