SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Goes after him over what? This is the thing I don't understand. You can see how these buffoons manage to lose a sure thing last presidential election, and yet some of you guys think these assholes have magical powers to "take down" whomever they damn well please.
This kind of stuff makes me crazy. Some of you guys are acting like the leftists are in power and in charge.

If Bill O'Reilly had kept his dick in his pants, he'd still be on FoxNews. Bill O'Reilly took down Bill O'Reilly

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Carlson would fit better on Fox Business.
His is the only show we watch on Fox News.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Man I like Tucker, but I just don't see him the way many of you do I guess. I started watching his show when it began and gave up after a week. It is the same every night. He invites some uber lefty on. Lefty goes off the chain. Tucker dresses him down. Conservatives cheer. Rinse and repeat. All his show does is give a platform to these weirdos who otherwise have no outlet. I KNOW lefties are off their rocker. I don't need Tucker to give me the same example every night.

Again, great guy, but his show falls into the infotainment category for me. As much as I despised Bill, many times his show just struck me as more mature. Although it drove me nuts how he talked over everyone. That is a lefty tactic.

As far as Bill being a target for destruction? I knew it, you knew it, he knew it. And he still screwed it up. There is no one to blame but the guy he sees in the mirror every day.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
His show will change a bit, I think. I think FoxNews will urge him to cut back on the amount of airtime he gives idiotic leftist loons.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Tucker since his new show started and it's already started to evolve a bit and I'm sure it will continue to do so.

I LOVE the "DA FUQ?" look on his face when some liberal guest starts blathering on and on, haha!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
parabellum
Peace through
superior firepower

posted April 21, 2017 07:06 AM Hide Post
Geraldo Rivera is the herpes of American infotainment.

I can't imagine a better description. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...views-caitlyn-jenner

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Man I like Tucker, but I just don't see him the way many of you do I guess. I started watching his show when it began and gave up after a week. It is the same every night. He invites some uber lefty on. Lefty goes off the chain. Tucker dresses him down. Conservatives cheer. Rinse and repeat. All his show does is give a platform to these weirdos who otherwise have no outlet. I KNOW lefties are off their rocker. I don't need Tucker to give me the same example every night.

I ditched cable months ago and thus have only seen Tucker clips since he replaced Kelly, but got the same impression. Those clips seem to be very popular on youtube, so he may continue to do that bit because of the publicity it generates.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Bill O'Reilly had kept his dick in his pants, he'd still be on FoxNews.

Wasn't this all about verbal sexual harassment, since Bill, being a cunning linguist said stuff he shouldn't have, his tongue was his downfall... Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
If Bill O'Reilly had kept his dick in his pants, he'd still be on FoxNews.

Wasn't this all about verbal sexual harassment, since Bill, being a cunning linguist said stuff he shouldn't have, his tongue was his downfall... Big Grin

Literal or figurative, the little head is still to blame.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Well, this is a disappointment. Tucker's first guest in his new time slot on Monday, will be-- *drum roll* -- Caitlin Jenner.

I had stopped watching the news entirely for a while. I guess I'll stop again.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tuc...with-caitlyn-jenner/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Well, this is a disappointment. Tucker's first guest in his new time slot on Monday, will be-- *drum roll* -- Caitlin Jenner.

I had stopped watching the news entirely for a while. I guess I'll stop again.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tuc...with-caitlyn-jenner/

Four posts above you.

And yeah, I'm not interested in tuning in for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually catch Tucker on the later re-run, but will DEFINITELY miss this show!!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of interested in the questions Tucker might ask it.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not ashamed to say that I haven't seen his old or new show. Left FoxNews some time ago and have not been tempted to go back. No MSM for mw period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I wish FOX (or someone) would see fit to give Mark Steyn a prime time show. I think he would be a great replacement for O'Reilly, actually.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Mark Steyn is awesome. That's a great idea.
Do it!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Mark Steyn is awesome. That's a great idea.
Do it!

Steyn can be funnier than all the rest of them put together, but there is a lot of incomprehensible drivel in between comedic peaks.

I doubt Fox News intends to turn into the Comedy Channel.

Besides, who would sub for Rush as needed?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steyn can be funnier than all the rest of them put together, but there is a lot of incomprehensible drivel in between comedic peaks.

True... on the radio you get the sense sometimes that he's going on and on. But... if he did a show like "The Factor" he wouldn't have time for the incomprehensible drivel. The segments are short.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

True... on the radio you get the sense sometimes that he's going on and on. But... if he did a show like "The Factor" he wouldn't have time for the incomprehensible drivel. The segments are short.

It may be a difference between extemporaneous commentary and scripted segments, but that might take the "glitter" out of his personality on air.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post