SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with the negatives here regarding O'Reilly but I'll be damned if the wife and I didn't tune into his show. We would switch to other things if he had Goldberg or some other idiot on but overall we watched him. Dennis Miller is great and I hope they keep his segment on.

Glad to see Tucker move into his slot, I like Tucker but I have to DVR his shows so I can fast forward through some of those wacky liberals he has on. They ignore his questions and talk over him so we just move on. Bolling is Ok and I don't mind him having his own show. Dana Perino is easy on the eyes but she is no conservative. If you liked George Bush's politics, you will love Perino. She was anti-Trump for so long it pains her to have to call him Mr. President. Cracks me up.

Big shake-ups at Fox. I guess we will just have to see how it all plays out.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just love all this "the Left took him down" crap.

Bill O'Reilly took down Bill O'Reilly, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop rolling over and showing your belly in the middle of a fight.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ailes, O’Reilly and Bannon could start up a new media organization. Rupert should join them!

FOX News will soon be a shadow of its' former self as the next generation of Murdochs (James & Lachlan) bring in the PC culture. They are "progressives".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I can't quit watching and listening to this:

https://twitter.com/topherchri...s/854800629885259776

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ailes, O’Reilly and Bannon could start up a new media organization. Rupert should join them!

It would be great if something like that happened. There is a LOT of money that could coalesce around a worthwhile endeavor. Rush Limbaugh is very rich, Tucker Carlson is an heir to the Swanson Foods fortune, Sean Hannity has apparently parlayed his broadcast earnings into real estate for a vast fortune. Why couldn't Ailes, O'Reilly, Bannon and some of these others launch their own news organization? I wonder if they are thinking about it....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTW, party at Shep's place!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just love all this "the Left took him down" crap.

Bill O'Reilly took down Bill O'Reilly, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop rolling over and showing your belly in the middle of a fight.

Exactly. He was an arrogant jerk who finally got his comeuppance. This was all about money and only about money. When he began to cost the network too much, they dropped him like a stone.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I completely agree with the negatives here regarding O'Reilly but I'll be damned if the wife and I didn't tune into his show. We would switch to other things if he had Goldberg or some other idiot on but overall we watched him. Dennis Miller is great and I hope they keep his segment on.

Glad to see Tucker move into his slot, I like Tucker but I have to DVR his shows so I can fast forward through some of those wacky liberals he has on. They ignore his questions and talk over him so we just move on. Bolling is Ok and I don't mind him having his own show. Dana Perino is easy on the eyes but she is no conservative. If you liked George Bush's politics, you will love Perino. She was anti-Trump for so long it pains her to have to call him Mr. President. Cracks me up.

Pretty well echoes my thoughts on O'Reilly. We would get tired of him and not watch for a month or so. Next thing you know we were back watching again. That scenario played out several times over the years, but we were watching regularly again when he went on "vacation."

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Perhaps that is just a reflection of the miserable choices available for people interested in watching shows related to political/societal conversation on weekday evenings. O'Rilley, for some us, was the best of the available awful choices. When I still had cable, I'd watch him pretty regularly because my other options for that type of discussion were CNN and MSDNC.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm just not going to miss the guy. His entire manner was odd, front to back.

All of those viewing this as a tragedy- where was Bill O'Reilly (grand "conservative" that he's supposed to be) when it came to your gun rights?

Mister "Heavy Weapons" doesn't give a rat's ass about the Second Amendment, as his disgusting ignorant and counterproductive remarks clearly indicate.

Bill O'Reilly is not your friend. Bill O'Reilly is Bill O'Reilly's friend.

Also, guess what? Bill O'Reilly isn't taking Donald Trump with him. Nor is he taking with him the majority we hold in Congress. He's just a talking head. He should have kept his fly zipped and his mouth shut around staffers. He didn't. Whose fault is that?

Yes, I know. Some of you are upset because you say "the left" took him down. No, sorry.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill O'Reilly took down Bill O'Reilly

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who is "conservative" regularly on TV?

For that matter, who is "conservative" in office?

O'Reilly regularly disclaimed that status, made a big show of being "fair and balanced," independent, etc. if not the reality of it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will miss the segments with Dennis Miller.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I never particularly liked him nor did I always side with his view ~ especially on Guns.
However, he had a fantastic show that was number one for a reason.
I will miss the show.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He was number one on Fox but now his career is number two.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
I will miss the segments with Dennis Miller.

+1

Sometimes his talking points were right on. After that, much of it was drivel.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was no friend of gun-owners that's for sure.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. 'Heavy Weapons' is probably regretting not keeping his "Tip of the Day" to himself!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some days
quote:
BTW, party at Shep's place!

A++ some days you are freaking hilarious lol

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post