SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Tucker's ratings will surpass O'Reilly's.

I don't believe that for a second.

quote:

Speaking of Megan, her NBC show will be like a belly flop off the 30 meter board.

That on the other hand I have no doubt is true.

I don't think Tucker can pull his ratings either. Tucker doesn't have as broad an audience or appeal

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I won't shed any tears for Bill, he was a pompous windbag. And heck I agree with most of his positions, but he tries to be like Rush but lacks the charisma to at least be somewhat likeable despite being a pompous windbag himself.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I've hollered at O'Reilly many times over his tendency to talk over whoever was on the segment. What's the point of having two lawyers like Lis Wiehl and Kimberley Guilfoyle to talk about cases of interest if O'Reilly is constantly mouthing off and interrupting and talking over them?

They weren't the only ones that might have been interesting to hear if BO could shut up.

This led to my self diagnosis of insanity. Several times a week, I'd tune in and believe that just once, THIS TIME, O'Reilly'd stifle himself and let his interesting guests actually finish saying something.

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Well, he did say he wanted to swap positions with Tomi Lahren... Wink

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ratings will drop, but not precipitously. Who else ya gonna watch, Rachel Maddow?
After Ford and Mantle retired people still went to games, just not as many.
And Dana Perino is a fine journalist. She may not be a rabid bulldog, but she does just fine.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I liked Bill....I'm bummed the left was able to take him out.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
The ratings will drop, but not precipitously. Who else ya gonna watch, Rachel Maddow?
And Dana Perino is a fine journalist. She may not be a rabid bulldog, but she does just fine.

It must suck to be a MSNBC host and know you'll still lose in ratings to whoever replaces O'Reilly.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing I've never understood is the relationship between Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Miller. I love listening to Dennis Miller but it's excruciating to have O'Reilly play his straight man. Bill O'Reilly is complete unfunny and when he tries to keep up with Miller, it's painful.

I can't say we're missing much by having this guy off of Fox. Besides, this is all on him and his stiff little pecker.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

It must suck to be a MSNBC host and know you'll still lose in ratings to whoever replaces O'Reilly.

Wink

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: Besides, this is all on him and his stiff little pecker.

One would have thought he learned something 12-13 years ago. And he's 67! Even Sean Connery wasn't sexy at 67. Well, maybe a little. Certainly more than Bill. Point is, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who is is so self absorbed and arrogant, and is embarrassing and hurting his kids. Grow the fuck up.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Shannon Bream. For all the wrong reasons, but she is also talented.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
At this rate, FOX might be worth watching again. I've been done with O'Reilly and Kelly and the channel in general for a while now, though Tucker and Laura are pretty good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
At this rate, FOX might be worth watching again. I've been done with O'Reilly and Kelly and the channel in general for a while now, though Tucker and Laura are pretty good.

I'm still on the fence about going back despite raves about Tucker, etc.

Megyn really pissed me off but frankly I should have expected it given her Syracuse training. That area has generated the likes of Biden and Gov. Terry "McAwful" among others including a great number of Klintonista mafiaosa. I left that cesspool area in the early '70s.

O'Reilly lost me years ago with his pompous BS especially his ill informed pontifications on all things guns.

Fox will have to jump through numerous hoops before I return. Start will exiling that jackass "rump ranger!" All other MSM remain anathema to me. Fuck 'em!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
If Fox gets rid of Shepard Smith and gives Dennis Miller his own show I might tune in more often.
I heard Tomi Lahren is looking for work too, so they have options.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm a fan of Shannon Bream. For all the wrong reasons, but she is also talented.

Are there any wrong reasons?

I'm a big fan, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
If Fox gets rid of Shepard Smith and gives Dennis Miller his own show I might tune in more often.

This!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

This!

Agreed but with the two progressive leftist turd-brained Murdock boys who the hell knows.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with most of the criticism of O'Reilly but he WAS the Fox news channel . The decision to can him, Fox will soon discover, ranks right up there with Coke changing their formula and Playboy eliminating the nudes .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Are there any wrong reasons?
Smart, classy, well spoken, and beautiful. Nope, no wrong reasons I can see. Smile Count me as a big fan too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post