SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Bill O'Rilley is on Vacation Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's really CNN and the NY Times that want him out the most. He has been kicking their ass for years. Who knows what really happened not that it matters but it was all settled. They are just fanning the fire ~ it would be pretty stupid to release him.

Posts: 22905 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
It's really CNN and the NY Times that want him out the most. He has been kicking their ass for years. Who knows what really happened not that it matters but it was all settled. They are just fanning the fire ~ it would be pretty stupid to release him.

That's kinda what I think.
He's arrogant and self-righteous, but it would be win for the left if he got sacked.
Apparently the two Murdoch kids are much more liberal than their father:

Murdochs Reportedly Willing To Part With Bill O'Reilly

One of Fox News' most recognizable personalities may be on his way out.

While we previously reported that James Murdoch had soured on Bill O'Reilly, according to New York Magazine's Gabriel Sherman, with just six days left in Bill O'Reilly's "vacation" left, the entire Murdoch clain is now leaning toward announcing that O’Reilly will not return to the air. "Sons James and Lachlan have been arguing that O’Reilly needs to go, say these sources, though their father, Rupert, has resisted that outcome."

There are two main reasons cited for the potentially dramatic overhaul: one is the ongoing public and advertiser pressure on Fox to part ways with the embattled anchor:

The prospect of dumping O’Reilly — once unimaginable — has gained steam this week due in part to street protests outside Fox News headquarters and advertiser boycotts on O’Reilly’s air. One network insider said Fox executives are alarmed by the severity of the ad-revenue decline. “It’s worse than Glenn Beck,” the insider said, referring to the advertiser revolt that helped derail Beck’s Fox News career in 2011.

Another is the Murdochs’ pending $14 billion takeover of European pay-TV provider Sky.

On May 16, the British media regulator Ofcom is set to judge whether the Murdochs are “fit and proper” to own such a large media property. Removing O’Reilly could appease critics and help close the Sky deal. (In 2011, the Murdochs abandoned their initial takeover offer for Sky after the London phone-

Then there is the allegedly restive Fox workforce itself:"Female Fox News employees are growing increasingly frustrated that the Murdochs have not forcefully confronted the company’s culture of sexual harassment in the wake of removing Roger Ailes. “Morale is awful,” one Fox female executive told me yesterday, adding that employees are wondering if budgets have been cut to pay for sexual-harassment settlements. “There’s been no word from management to calm the masses.” (Spokespersons for 21st Century Fox and Fox News did not respond to a request for comment.)."

Sherman notes that a final decision has not been made yet, and that "sources describe the Murdoch family discussions as fraught." Initially, Lachlan was aligned with his father, but in recent days he has leaned more in his brother James’s direction. “The three are fighting,” the insider said. In some ways, deciding O’Reilly’s fate is more complicated than the decision to oust Ailes last summer. O’Reilly is Fox’s highest-rated host and the linchpin of the prime-time schedule, so his removal could have immediate effects on the network’s ratings. And according to one Fox source, Rupert has told people he does not want to fire O’Reilly because it would make it appear he was forced into a decision by “the New York Times.”

Ultimately, what happens to O’Reilly will tell us more about who is winning the intergenerational battle over 21st Century Fox. As for O'Reilly, if let go, courtesy of a faithful core viewership, he will likely find a hospitable reception at another outlet or start his own. Then again, if Glenn Beck is any indication, this may be the twilight for yet another prominent Fox persona.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...against-bill-oreilly

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24112 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He lost me at "heavy weapons". I don't care what happens to him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Not sorry to see him go but I hate seeing the left get a win by removing him

The left ate one of their own.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
fox news is such a big group of pussies. From the one article it looks like they were involved in the settlement before, and kept him on, now that it's news and people know about it, they want to wash their hands of him.

If I were him I'd take my 100mm or whatever he's worth and tell everyone to fuck off, then retire.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were him I'd take my 100mm or whatever he's worth and tell everyone to fuck off, then retire.

He won't though... he doesn't need more money but he wants to stay in the limelight, he wants to be "relevant".
Besides, it's a lot easier to attract pussy when you are "relevant". Wink

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24112 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
He's not going anywhere.

And he has great ratings for a reason, and it's because he's good at what he does.

quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
fox news is such a big group of pussies. From the one article it looks like they were involved in the settlement before, and kept him on, now that it's news and people know about it, they want to wash their hands of him.

To address these 2 points - ratings only matter in that they allow the network to set the rate on the advertising. Higher ratings, higher advertising rates/revenue to Fox.

They couldn't care less what the accusations are or if they can be proven or not. That's why they settled these things and kept them out of the news.

Now that they are public knowledge and all of his advertisers have pulled out, it's an issue. It doesn't matter if you have Super Bowl ratings, if no advertisers will buy the spots, the ratings are worthless.

It's a simple numbers game here, no big moral questions are being asked or answered. If advertisers will not come back, he's g-o-n-e. If the advertisers could be convinced to buy the advertising, Fox couldn't care less what he does off the air or how many settlements they have to make.

It appears that advertisers are not going to come back and that Fox is negotiating for his exit. It's a numbers game.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:

Roll Eyes

It's really hard to take you guys seriously sometimes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

It's a simple numbers game here, no big moral questions are being asked or answered. If advertisers will not come back, he's g-o-n-e. If the advertisers could be convinced to buy the advertising, Fox couldn't care less what he does off the air or how many settlements they have to make.

It appears that advertisers are not going to come back and that Fox is negotiating for his exit. It's a numbers game.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that that may be the case.

Well, I'll come out and say it...I wouldn't be happy at all if he's forced out in this way. Not at all. It's an obvious coordinated attack by the left, and it's a shame that some on the right are cheering on his outing.

The left are picking off their opposition one by one, and it's emboldening them with each "kill."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The left are picking off their opposition one by one, and it's emboldening them with each "kill."
Let's ease up on the melodrama, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amen, Balze.

And it does look like O'Reilly is on the outs. The advertisers - the players with the money -
don't want anything to do with him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advertisers bailing on Bill show how pervasive the victimization racket is in our culture.

From the little we are privy to Bill is guilty of randy talk and action (when he could get it) from those working for/with him.

You can't legislate this type of conduct away.

It damages these media outlets when they lose personalities of the power and following of a Bill O'Reilly.

I'm not a giant fan of Bill but do really appreciate his standing up for the conservative position and common sense,during the dark and dreary times of the last 8- 10 years.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
If this happens, I'm willing to watch The Watters Factor!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This is how the libs take down Fox News, a pain in their butts.

Conservative males are all randy, uncontrollable sex hounds after all, and some females have to work there. It's no trick to find an ambitious young pretty gal who would like a big pay day, and send her to Fox for a few years of degrading, offensive abuse if it means ruining a PITA like O'Reilly.

It's the modern version of Queen For A Day.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"Heavy weapons" just typified what O'Reilly did. A large segment of his audience self-identified as liberal-- about 25% as I recall-- so he was always crafting each show to mostly appeal to his right-wing audience, but careful to always throw a bone-- like "heavy weapons"-- to the lefties.

Tucker Carlson has the best show I have ever seen on Fox, and I hope they have the good sense to move him to the 8 p.m. slot.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's no trick to find an ambitious young pretty gal who would like a big pay day, and send her to Fox for a few years of degrading, offensive abuse

Sob*** Sob***... I almost feel sorry for Megyn Kelly... /Sarc. Roll Eyes

How Foxy Does a Woman Have to Be to Work at Fox News? (PHOTOS)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/g...fox-news-photos.html

-rduckwor

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I'm no fan of Blabb-O the Harvard elitist who thinks he knows better than everyone else, but IMO the Murdoch kids are screwing it up - often happens when Daddy makes the business and the $$$, next gen doesn't really know the keys to success. (Rumor is that it was one of the son's wife who insisted blabbo leave FNC.)

I always figured Bill-o for a prima donna, but now, I just see oppty for for someone else to step in. Also, I still think many at Fox are anti-Trump. With Ailes gone, the magic is going away ...

Time to bring in the competition (to FOXNEWS) ...

I generally watch FBN, but I have no love of this move and pandering to the leftist by Murdoch Inc. Next!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It's no trick to find an ambitious young pretty gal who would like a big pay day, and send her to Fox for a few years of degrading, offensive abuse

Sob*** Sob***... I almost feel sorry for Megyn Kelly... /Sarc. Roll Eyes

How Foxy Does a Woman Have to Be to Work at Fox News? (PHOTOS)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/g...fox-news-photos.html

About half of those featured in the linked article are gone now, abused, or claims thereof.

Martha, Jenna, Kimberley, Harris, Jamie are survivors.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
If this happens, I'm willing to watch The Watters Factor!

I totally agree. He's a pit bull of an interviewer and would attract a younger audience.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post