SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about Ooma, or any other VOip options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Ooma, or any other VOip options Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I have my office at home and the company pays for Internet/business phone connections, we also have IP phone over Comcast/Brighthouse and dropped the tv/internet portion of the home bill and run the home phone through the internet from the company saving some fees.

Still its about $25 a month for the home phone through Comcast, Cost has the Ooma Telo Air VOIP with blooteef phone for $119 compared to $159 at Ooma for the same setup.

Posts: 23433 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I bought an Ooma refurb unit, probably, 7-8 years ago now. Has been 100% reliable.

If the internet goes down, the unit loses connectivity of course, but it automatically redirects the call to my cell phone.

I pay the couple bucks extra for caller ID and such. Thumbs up on the Ooma.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I use voip.ms with a variety of SIP phones, both hardware and softphones, along with an ATA to integrate my old POTS phones. Very happy with the service and pricing.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
OOMA since about 2010. 100% satisfied. $4.00 per month.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We have an Obitalk VoIP ATA (analog terminal adapter) and Callcentric VoIP service. It's been in-place for five months. It's worked flawlessly.

Our service is $23/mo., but that includes two lines, unlimited incoming, 1000 minutes of outgoing anywhere in the U.S., Canada and a couple other places, and reduced international rates.

If I were to drop the second line and the outgoing to 500 minutes it would drop to $13/mo. $7/mo. if I went with North America Basic (120 mins).

Call setup time and call quality are indistinguishable from when we had "at&t". The call treatments have all but eliminated spam/scam calls.

Using the ATA allowed me to move us over to VoIP and continue using the wired phones that were in place all over the house and in the garage. All I had to do was disconnect the wires from "at&t"s NID (network interface device) and plug the ATA into an existing wall jack.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i use obitalk with google voice. i pay $0.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using magicjack for 8 years.

$35 for the first year, you buy the magicjack, and the first year is included.

$99 for 5 years renewal, or you can renew yearly instead.

It is as good as your internet connection.

I us it often. You can plug it into your computer or directly into your router without a computer.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
i use obitalk with google voice. i pay $0.

My obi100 recently bit the dust & I don't need it right now, but I used it for 3+ years as a rarely used home phone + 'batphone' to the in-laws house in Mexico (Direct Obi to Obi). Saved me a shit-ton of international long distance (now have unlimited to mexico on cellphone, so not using the obi).

Obi can also connect to other providers (as ensigmatic listed) if you want more features than GV.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Ooma user for 2 years. Won't work if power is down, but we have cell phones.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Used Ooma for a long time, worked great and seemed to have better voice quality than my land line. Only gave it up because I was never making any calls on it anymore, and five bucks a month is still five bucks month.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post