SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    True Value.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Value. Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
What items have you discovered are a true value in price for what you get?

I’m talking about the inexpensive products that everyone should already know about, Like Fenix Flashlights, or Kirkland Booze. What unique items do you know of that are a steal?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
redtube (don't visit site if you don't know what it is)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScorpionBoy,

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Zebra F-701 Pens.

Walmart's Ozark Trail knock off Yeti products like their tumblers, roto-molded coolers, and stainless vacuum insulated coozies.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
What items have you discovered are a true value in price for what you get?

I’m talking about the inexpensive products that everyone should already know about, Like Fenix Flashlights, or Kirkland Booze. What unique items do you know of that are a steal?

H&K-Guy

PROTO-1 and the stainless slide P228. They are true value in price, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Brooks Brothers non-iron dress shirts.
Honda small engines.
Suncloud sunglasses.
Ryobi Li-Ion power tools.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10480 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Duke's mayonnaise.

Kirkland Signature brand stuff at Costco.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30639 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They don't hide the 41% glyphosphate like HD and push the more expensive Roundup (18% glyphosphate)

They have a ton of organic gardening products that HD doesn't carry and competitive with Amazon price wise.

Most of the ones around here are authorized BGE dealers so they have lots of accessories and replacement parts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They don't hide the 41% glyphosphate like HD and push the more expensive Roundup (18% glyphosphate)

They have a ton of organic gardening products that HD doesn't carry and competitive with Amazon price wise.

Most of the ones around here are authorized BGE dealers so they have lots of accessories and replacement parts.

I think you went a different way with this thread Wink

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
^^ Oops ^^

I was thinking about True Value Hardware which is located between my home and Deep Homo and Lowlife's.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail

Kirkland Signature brand stuff at Costco.

Ditto. Costco is pretty amazing.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Wine at Trader Joe's.

Most Kroger products.

Subway's daily specials.

Gas at Costco.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wine at Trader Joe's.

Most Kroger products.

Subway's daily specials.

Gas at Costco.

Jim

How is Jim a true value?

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Wine at Trader Joe's.

Most Kroger products.

Subway's daily specials.

Gas at Costco.

Jim

How is Jim a true value?

You want references? Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Maybe Jim's not...But Dave Truong is Wink

I'll add Smartwool socks...I wear them at work year-round, and any other time I'm doing anything like hiking, etc. An $18 pair lasts for a loooong time, and my feet feel happy in them. And don't stink.

Another, which I think I bought after a discussion here, is Exofficio sport mesh underwear.

My Nike Special Field Boots (Fancy jungle boots) have been a fantastic value. I bought them in 2012 and still wear them at work, though they are in need of replacement.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want references?

Jim

Nah you are good to go.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I forgot SigForum itself! Truly a value.

SigForum is not free. It costs you your time and energy, you have to follow the rules that become more apparent as time goes by, and you must get the nod from the mods to join/stay here.

But for that cost, you get unlimited Edutainment, no ads, and real life invisible friends.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Maybe Jim's not...But Dave Truong is Wink

I am, but nowhere as much as Dave is. Good call chongo. Smile

Jim

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
For me it's my Unicorn Keytop pepper mill:

http://www.unicornmills.com/KeyTop-0/

It produces more ground pepper for a given amount of effort than any pepper mill I've ever used. Good control of grind fineness too. Ugly as sin, but works beautifully.

I buy peppercorns by the pound, and go through a pound in about the same time that the average American goes through an ounce.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8923 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Thermal Cell. It's a mosquito repellent device. Having used one for a few years I would pay3 times the going rate for a replacement.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5145 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Walmart's Great Value Crushed Tomatoes in 28 oz. can are pretty darn good for $0.93 or whatever, for making pizza and spaghetti sauces, and I've tried a few. No, they don't compare to San Marzano at $4 a can.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post