SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another rescue dog
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another rescue dog Login/Join 
posted
In the middle of the night, our 3 dogs started barking at the fence line and we heard yelping. Found a GSD pup crawling down the road with an obvious broken leg and road rash. The Mrs. called the Vet and she met us at the clinic. Couldn't get in touch with any of the Techs so the Mrs. scrubbed in. Fixed his leg and nutted him. He gets to spend the weekend there and come "home" next week. Looks like ZTop, Curve ball and Hutton has a new brother.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Better call him Lucky, because he found you guys to take care of him.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has a skinned place between his ears
The Mrs. is thinking "Mohawk".

posted Hide Post
great ending to a bad story.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a DUI arrest in the area and we are trying to tie it to the dog. They had an empty dog crate in their car.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Some people just suck (them) and other people are just wonderful, compassionate and giving, (you).

Thank you guys for being you.

I bet he will be a great addition to the family.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good on you ulsterman...another good ending Smile Smile Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a new best friend! Please ad a photo when you get a chance.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
Congrats on a new best friend! Please ad a photo when you get a chance.
^^This. Bless you for being the person this pup needed. Butdon't forget the pics. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Post up a photo when he comes home. Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
You and your wife are RESCUE ROCKSTARS !! Thanks for what you continue to do for dogs in need.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Rescue dogs are the best. Their appreciation to you for saving their life could never be fully expressed.

Both of ours are rescues and will be from now on. Too many good dogs looking for homes to go out and buy from a breeder/puppy mill.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
In the middle of the night, our 3 dogs started barking at the fence line and we heard yelping. Found a GSD pup crawling down the road with an obvious broken leg and road rash. The Mrs. called the Vet and she met us at the clinic. Couldn't get in touch with any of the Techs so the Mrs. scrubbed in. Fixed his leg and nutted him. He gets to spend the weekend there and come "home" next week. Looks like ZTop, Curve ball and Hutton has a new brother.

You are very special people and are needed. If you are so inclined email me your address and I would happily send you a donation to help cover your costs incurred by your new adoptive friend for life.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sure he has a lifetime of love to give in return

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the offer if money but we have it covered. My wife scrubbed in (retired nurse) and that cut down on the cost.

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I'd also love to see a pic.

If only they could talk. I bet they could tell stories that rould make you want to murder some people.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your wife are a very good family, and I hope he serves you well!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we found him, he was dragging his leg and his head was covered in blood. Thought I was going to have to put him down. The Mrs. cleaned the wound on his head and we splinted his leg. That didn't endear us to him. When we got to the clinic, the Vet ask the Mrs. "Scrub in?" Being a retired nurse, she jumped right in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
good work!

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post