SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I would like to see how the media would react if the memo was about Clinton.

Replace "Trump" with "Clinton"; "DNC" with "RNC".

I expect that the media would be livid. They would be holding all night impeachment trials and they would restart the "Nightline" program covering the days events.

This is so political it makes me want to puke.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I have very limited experience with swamps. I've always thought of them as shallow lakes supporting a lot of organic life. Now it appears the organic life has produced a bunch of organic matter. And it seems deeper than it should be.

I am sure I did the right thing when I voted for Trump and against the hag. Never has been any doubt in my mind. There is little to nothing I can do to help my country. I represented by the president I voted for, the two senators I voted for, and the single congressman I voted for. Its all we peasants can do. We have no real power. That insulates us from action and we must rely on our elected representatives to do our work for us. Everyone in the chain says they support draining the swamp, but its up to them to do it, I can't.

I'm pretty sure those in states who elected communist senators or even voted for the hag feel even less empowered. They've spent decades voting as they were told to do. They've endured decades allowing union dues to be extorted from them.

Now the other side, their sworn enemies, have given them even more money in their paychecks each week. How can it be true they were lying to them all this time. And even worse, all the influence they've bought and paid for is going away in one fell swoop by a man they've been told is evil in only one year. Whats a person to think?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
What seems lost in all this furor is the "why" behind it all.

Former U. S. Attorney Joe Digenova puts it concisely. He says there was a concerted effort to exonerate Hillary Clinton and, should she lose the presidency, to frame Donald Trump and have him removed from office.

So, where does all this "Russian collusion" come from and why are the Democrats so insistent on investigating it?

I did some "opposition research" of my own, and found this handy, dandy timeline on the site of none other than one of the left's own, Bill Moyers. It's a fascinating fabric of connecting dots and drawing conclusions.

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

It goes all the way back to 1979, for starters...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here is another time line for the role Chairman Devin Nunes has played, it appears so heroically.

It deserves to be read and understood.

https://lawfareblog.com/timeli...unes-thats-fit-print

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
It's interesting that Lawfare doesn't mention Jan. 28 - Director Wray going to Capital Hill and reading the memo or Jan 29 - McCabe leaving the FBI.

*shaping a narrative by omission?

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here is another time line for the role Chairman Dvin Nunes has played, it appears so heroically.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nunes lays it out and it's amazing- Rep. Nunes: 'Clear Evidence' of Russia Collusion... by the Clinton Campaign and DNC.

Nunes' interview is the most clear and forthright interview with a congresscritter I have ever seen. Makes me want to move to Visalia so he could be my congressman.

Posts: 18165 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
It's interesting that Lawfare doesn't mention Jan. 28 - Director Wray going to Capital Hill and reading the memo or Jan 29 - McCabe leaving the FBI.

*shaping a narrative by omission?

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here is another time line for the role Chairman Dvin Nunes has played, it appears so heroically.

It does not purport to be a compendium of every actor’s activity, just that of Nunes, and his interaction with the committee. I see no narrative shaping, nor any need to shape.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I see a bit of cosmic justice that Nunes, who has been such a thorn in the side of Pelosi and Schiff, is also from California.

Remember, it's mostly just San Francisco and Los Angeles that need to fall in to the ocean...

Posts: 3667 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
SO, we have the "shitbowl" before the "superbowl" ???
...Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose

I keep asking this question?
Where is the crime? (supposedly committed by Trump)

JALLEN, I would appreciate your crystal ball reading on where you think this is going?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1326 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The Fish stinks from the head down.

Lynch Rosenstien should be indicted
McCabe Comey & Orhr as well.
Then Strok and his whore.
Steele, Cliton and the DNC.
If these people walk it will demonstrate complete separate rule of law.
Meueller was complacent in the sale of Uranium one as well.
I said a month ago this is bigger than watergate.
THIS is the Dark Shadow Government

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8454 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One of the problems going forward I see is the clock. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but in this world of politics they may turn too slowly. If the dems regain the house you can bet every single investigation will stop. Same with the senate. There is no way they will allow this to contine and this is one of the reasons a special council becomes more and more important. It will be harder to stop that then to order the DOJ or the FBI to stop, or to cease all congressional investigations when they control the committees.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Rosenstein... Seems he should be due for his own meeting with the DOJ IG.

Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett also announced a late breaking leak, the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein personally threatened House members on the Intelligence Committee with reprisals and retaliations for exercising their oversight duties.

“A congressional source tells me that Rod Rosenstein, in a meeting three weeks ago,” Jarrett states, “threatened Chairman Nunes and other House members that he was going to subpoena their taxes and messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee.”

He added, “That’s threats and intimidation and retaliation.”

https://www.spartareport.com/2...ers-three-weeks-ago/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The fun is only about to begin with the release of this memo...

Posts: 13835 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett also announced a late breaking leak, the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein personally threatened House members on the Intelligence Committee with reprisals and retaliations for exercising their oversight duties.

I have a tough time believing he is THAT stupid.

Posts: 8981 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Speaking of Rosenstein... Seems he should be due for his own meeting with the DOJ IG.

Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett also announced a late breaking leak, the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein personally threatened House members on the Intelligence Committee with reprisals and retaliations for exercising their oversight duties.

“A congressional source tells me that Rod Rosenstein, in a meeting three weeks ago,” Jarrett states, “threatened Chairman Nunes and other House members that he was going to subpoena their taxes and messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee.”

He added, “That’s threats and intimidation and retaliation.”

^^^This reminds me of bendable's thread a while back "have you met someone from the future?" Rosenstein, Comey, Strzok, Hillary, Lynch, Obama-- these are all people from the future totalitarian state. The one they very nearly put into place. They are the same kind of power-mad, twisted souls that created the gulags. Have no doubts about that.

The one good thing about dark times like the one we are in right now, is that heroes always come forward in the darkness. Bravery rises up.

Above all is Trump, who, in his twilight years, stepped away from a life of ease and, figuratively speaking, took up his shield and sword in defense of the country he loves. Nunes is another such hero, along with other gutsy and patriotic Republicans. Hannity is one of the few journalists who was on the story very early, immediately knew its importance, and latched on with a bulldog ferocity.

At some point I'll put together a comprehensive list just to express my-- and I think our-- gratitude.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11123 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Will anyone be prosecuted as a result of this memo.
Hell no.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Texts and messages, not taxes and messages. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference.

Also not sure if I believe he's that stupid.

Posts: 20199 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett also announced a late breaking leak, the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein personally threatened House members on the Intelligence Committee with reprisals and retaliations for exercising their oversight duties.

I agree.

quote:
A congressional source tells me that Rod Rosenstein, in a meeting three weeks ago,” Jarrett states, “threatened Chairman Nunes and other House members that he was going to subpoena their taxes and messages because he was tired of dealing with the intel committee.”

Really? Probably a "source" who wasn't even there who was told by another source who was in the restroom in the next building. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26756 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Jarrett indoubtedly is. Rosenstein maybe not.

Jarrett is the guy who made a complete fool of himself with the bullet button turns semi auto to full auto explanation in the San Bernardino terror coverage.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

OK, now I get it.
Tucker Carlson was talking with Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) House Intel Committee on his show and it all came together.

Democrats, FBI, DOJ, claimed memo release could harm national security.

Rep. Swalwell indicated the reasoning was that you do not want to inform those under an active investigation.
He seemed to indicate that Carter Page is still being investigated as a Russian agent.

Anyone else have the same take-away from Tuckers interview with Rep. Swalwell this evening?

So apparently McCain and Pelosi's comments about playing into Putin's hands is in reference to letting Putin know that they think Carter Page is a Russian spy.

Thanks S600MBUSA, I typed my thoughts from Tuckers interview before reading your post.
I still think my take-away from his interview may have some merit on the Democrats thinking or spin as I would call it.

Swalwell had a very hard time with Carlson. He kept babbling on about Republicans bent on destroying or undermining the rule of law. It is the rule of law that is being followed, it seems to me. It looks to me like this Swalwell fellow doesn't enjoy being a Congressman as much as he used to. He’s a new guy, I think, and he used to come on Fox now and then, very positive, polished, bubbly, well rehearsed. Now not so much. The long hours memorizing talking points can take a toll on even a youngster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,