SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Here we go, men!

Just cleared for release. Developing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like there isn't anything that we didn't already know, other than perhaps names.

(Listening to Catherine Herridge)

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
want to read it, and then wait to see if they will release the backup

hopefully the IG is going to be a pitbull

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hope it’s not just a bunch of hype
quote:
Here we go, men!
Big Grin Misogynist Big Grin
{Sorry, couldn’t resist getting in on the name calling surrounding this document}

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Sounds to me like there isn't anything that we didn't already know, other than perhaps names.

Only suspected.

Now seemingly confirmed. Role of Ohrs more involved.

High ranking FBI exec told the Committee the FISA warrant would not have been approved without the dossier, and media reports.

The document isn’t on the website yet

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Well, at least you READ THE MEMO before you came to this conclusion.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer....says/article/2647937

House Intel memo released: What it says

by Byron York | Feb 2, 2018, 11:48 AM

The House Intelligence Committee has released its controversial memo outlining alleged abuses of secret surveillance by the FBI and Justice Department in the Trump-Russia investigation. Here are some key points:

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

The FBI and Justice Department mounted a months-long effort to keep the information outlined in the memo out of the House Intelligence Committee's hands. Only the threat of contempt charges and other forms of pressure forced the FBI and Justice to give up the material.

Once Intelligence Committee leaders and staff compiled some of that information into the memo, the FBI and Justice Department, supported by Capitol Hill Democrats, mounted a ferocious campaign of opposition, saying release of the memo would endanger national security and the rule of law.

But Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes never wavered in his determination to make the information available to the public. President Trump agreed, and, as required by House rules, gave his approval for release.

Finally, the memo released today does not represent the sum total of what House investigators have learned in their review of the FBI and Justice Department Trump-Russia investigation. That means the fight over the memo could be replayed in the future when the Intelligence Committee decides to release more information.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Full Memo now in the hands of the Public! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8884 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Full Memo now in the hands of the Public! Cool

https://www.axios.com/read-nun...95-628d2f67bcdf.html
https://graphics.axios.com/201...0-20180129-SD001.pdf

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Watching MSNBC now. Andrea Mitchell and Chris Matthews. Let's see...

Matthews:

...just a staff-written memo, possibly with the help of the White House...

...Joseph McCarthy... (you knew that was coming)

...the memo uses "mischievous language...

...this is a "Trump Document"...

Mitchell:

...Christopher Steele has a "sterling reputation" and there is "no evidence the dossier was politically motivated."

Big Grin

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think we can finally figure out why the Dems/MSM were in sheer outright panic over this thing being shown the light of day.

This "Russia" Mueller investigation bullshit is a complete sham and now Trump has every right to shut the damn thing down, TODAY!

I went to the Phila Inquirer website just now, they normally have BREAKING NEWS headlines at the very top flashing every time Trump farts or tweets or otherwise does something they don't like but curiously, strangely there is nada, zilch, nothing there. It's like they all don't know about the memo release or something, golly gee!

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the judges on the FISA court are embarrassed and pissed or more like well, we tried.

The bombshell is the deliberate concealment and mis-representation of the Steele dossier to the FISA court to obtain and renew the warrants to surveil US citizens!

Buckle up (Dem) buttercups, this party is just getting started!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Watching MSNBC now. Andrea Mitchell and Chris Matthews. Let's see...

Matthews:

...just a staff-written memo, possibly with the help of the White House...

...Joseph McCarthy... (you knew that was coming)

...the memo uses "mischievous language...

...this is a "Trump Document"...

Mitchell:

...Christopher Steele has a "sterling reputation" and there is "no evidence the dossier was politically motivated."

Big Grin

How do these cockroaches look at themselves in the mirror everyday and be proud of themselves? Oh wait, they are cockroaches, after all. Roll Eyes

Q

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Recall that Chairman Nunes was at the WH a year ago, by himself to look at some super secret materials, and when Schiff found out he raised hell, causing Nunes to step aside while the Ethics committee reviewed a complaint.

I believe Nunes was invited to the WH by someone so far unknown. It was this incident that sparked, I think, the process that led to demanding FBI documents, the subpoenas, and this memo.

I have read that the WH info would have been in or supporting the Presidents Daily Briefing, possibly back into the Obama administration. Oh, my!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Ass! Let it bite them, right in it!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We need to see some heads roll before the sun goes down today.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Watching MSNBC now. Andrea Mitchell and Chris Matthews.

Mitchell:

Big Grin

Hard to miss the opening statements in black & white on the source of the document & associated personnel political bias. Some serious denial.......not unexpected of course. Big Grin

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
We need to see some heads roll before the sun goes down today.

Unfortunately, as we learned from O'bummer's legacy, harrowing news released on a Friday -- especially before a big weekend -- often goes unnoticed, and by Monday is "old news."

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Some people are never satisfied... Roll Eyes

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post