SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone farted in a Delorean.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

David Burge

@iowahawkblog
3h3 hours ago

We outsourced the styling to a random 2nd grader, and passed on the savings to you!

Tesla Cybertruck Pricing to Start at $39,995

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

For the millennial who has everything.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16681 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A very elaborate hoax?

That’s what I think.

Posts: 3911 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I think the styling on the new Tesla truck represents how many women believe men think. In other words, their projection of how they think men think.
Simple
Straitforward
Stupid

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
people will line up to give him a deposit on the trucks

PT Barnum

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I'll predict it now: it won't be $70k, 0-60 in under 3 seconds, have 500 mile range, and tow 14,000 pounds. I'd be interested in knowing what the range will be while towing 14,000 pounds.

I would be willing to bet some small amount of money that the 500 miles will not be true if the towing limit is being utilized (14,000 or whatever it turns out to be).

To be fair, those are independent numbers. When any vehicle/truck manufacturer shows towing capacity, fuel economy, and performance figures, those are three independent things. Nobody expects to get the best fuel economy while towing maximum capacity.

I really am no fanboy of Tesla, but the performance of his vehicles is undeniable. I'm not saying he could have achieved any of his success without government subsidies, etc. But if he makes a truck with those specs for that price, he's going to sell a bunch of them.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Musk Fanboys are lathering themselves for this POS. You could almost hear the collective moaning of every one of them when it drove on stage.

And for the record, I really liked my El Camino!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm going to be the odd man out on this one. True: The styling is... unusual. True: The Chevy El Camino wasn't exactly a roaring success. God knows the Pontiac Aztec was just plain fugly. And at first my reaction was "Dafuq? But as I looked at it more it's kind of growing on me. I'm kind of at "I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers" atm.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The Chevy El Camino wasn't exactly a roaring success.....

Well, any vehicle in continuous production for 23 years (and 5 generations) in both a bow-tie version and GMC brand aint exactly a failure. Tesla could only dream of that kind of "success".

And you could argue the Chevrolet Tornado is really a 6th gen El Camino.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Dammit. Why don’t people realize that just because it’s an EV it doesn’t have to be so ugly it makes the Pontiac Aztec look good!? Terrible styling, truly awful.

Intentionally awful styling won’t work. Do better next time.

stickman428 beat me to it with the Aztek remark.

P.S., wish I still had my '77 El Camino!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of the design. However if the performance is as advertised I’d seriously consider buying one. I have solar panels so electric is cheap. My drive to work is about 35 miles each way and 4 wheel drive is sometimes helpful. I can haul the whole family. It would be functional for me. Ugly but functional with good performance. Of course realistically there will be more attractive options by the time I’m ready to buy another vehicle.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I drew that shit in the first grade. I want to sue him.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
Well, any vehicle in continuous production for 23 years (and 5 generations) in both a bow-tie version and GMC brand aint exactly a failure.

Perhaps, but I could count on one hand the number of El Camino's I've seen on the road over the years and have fingers left over. And I live in the Metro-Detroit area and have spent more than a little time in Michigan North Woods areas.

Pontiac Aztecs, now: Seemed like my eyesight was assaulted by one of those things every time I turned a corner for a while there.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:...And I live in the Metro-Detroit area and have spent more than a little time in Michigan North Woods areas.....

Much more popular down south, us rednecks loved them! Plus, they would be a freaking deathtrap in icy weather. Back end would break loose in rain, and I had a 5th Gen, the 4th Gen with a 454 must have been a blast!

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:...And I live in the Metro-Detroit area and have spent more than a little time in Michigan North Woods areas.....

Much more popular down south, us rednecks loved them! Plus, they would be a freaking deathtrap in icy weather. Back end would break loose in rain, and I had a 5th Gen, the 4th Gen with a 454 must have been a blast!

Used mine to haul friend's blown up and or crashed motorcycles around also. Another nice thing was the lack of times when in a group of people going somewhere that the line "Let's take your car" would come up. I remember one occasion in Ypsi picking up my date at the EMU towers and she ran into a couple of guys she knew asking for a ride. I told them "Sure, it's the black Chevelle at the end of the row." As they walked down ahead of us one of them said "There's no Chevelle here, only an El Camino". I then said "Knew I forgot something, the back seat." They rode to downtown Ypsi middle of October in the back. They wanted a ride badly I guess....

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I love it. I could conceivably replace my Hellcat and Tacoma with this.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elon let me down, so yesterday I came home with this:

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no way any of these thing are going to happen in 10 years- 14K towing, 500 mile range, under 60K. Just a bunch of empty promises from a snake oil salesman. But people will put money down on the dream.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post