SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Cyber Truck
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Cyber Truck Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Looks like something out of an Atari 2600 resolution game. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Car and Driver article with more pictures, it gets worse...

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...p-truck-photos-info/

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The comments from the crowd are fantastic:

Musk - "we'll start off with the size, the dimensions and the inspiration"

Guy in the crowd yells - "Tie Fighter!?"

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They never showed the Bed.
I wouldn't rule it out.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Musk is a kook but Car and Driver is thinking the same thing as me. I really think this is nothing more than a prank or marketing ploy.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that has to be some kind of joke...right?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Taking orders now... and they’re already 2000 units behind with an estimated delivery date of a year+...
Musk is like a carnival huckster. Is it wasn’t for federal subsidy money and $502 million owed to bank lenders, there’d be no Falcon Heavy or electric car production.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
The 1980's called. They want their video drivers back.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Come on Elon, pickup truck design ain't rocket science. Razz

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
That’s the car every little boy draws when he’s 8 years old.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dammit. Why don’t people realize that just because it’s an EV it doesn’t have to be so ugly it makes the Pontiac Aztec look good!? Terrible styling, truly awful.

Intentionally awful styling won’t work. Do better next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Looks like something Bubba made in his backyard with his hand operated sheet metal bender.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
He's the Francisco D'Anconia of this reality.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Kind of resembles what I would imagine a truck by DeLorean might look like if they ever pulled that trigger.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ignoring the ugly truck syndrome, if it's range was 500 miles while towing it could be the ticket for a lot of RVers. We usually go about 450 miles a day and RV campgrounds have some infrastructure already in place that could be adaptable to charging.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2019/11/22/...ndow-test-is-a-bust/

Elon Musk was left dumbfounded Thursday night during a botched test of the Tesla’s first “bulletproof” electric pickup truck that left its windows smashed up.

The red-faced Tesla CEO tried to show off the durability of the Cybertruck’s “armor glass” windows by having chief designer Franz von Holzhausen throw a metal ball at them.

But the glass cracked, drawing groans from the crowd gathered in Los Angeles for the “Blade Runner”-inspired vehicle’s unveiling.

“Oh my f—ing God,” Musk muttered onstage. “Well, maybe that was a little too hard.”

The flap came minutes after Musk claimed the Cybertruck’s hard-edged body is “literally bulletproof” to a 9mm handgun.

“We threw wrenches, we threw everything — we even literally threw the kitchen sink at the glass and it didn’t break,” Musk said. “For a little weird reason it broke now. I don’t know why.”

Musk took the mishap in stride, noting that the ball didn’t go through the window.

“Room for improvement,” he quipped.

A panel of the window glass survived another onstage test in which a metal ball was dropped on it from above.

The futuristic truck is made from the same “ultra-hard” stainless steel alloy that will be used in the SpaceX Starship rocket, Musk said. While he didn’t shoot the truck onstage, Musk did have von Holzhausen smack it with a sledgehammer.

“When you say something’s built tough, that’s what we mean,” Musk said in a subtle dig at Ford, a major player in the pickup truck market.

The materials aren’t all that’s unconventional about the Cybertruck. It has an angular design that Musk said was influenced by the 1977 James Bond movie “The Spy Who Loved Me,” as well as “Blade Runner.”

The Tesla founder claimed on Twitter that it will be the “official truck of Mars.”

Tesla will offer three Cybertruck models starting at $39,900 with production expected to start in late 2021. The $69,900 high-end model of the truck will come with a battery range of more than 500 miles and more than 14,000 pounds of towing capacity, according to Tesla.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is a joke, right?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It works....

No side mirrors..

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
They never showed the bed.

With a ramp to ride your TRONcycle into the back.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
This is a joke, right?

To be totally honest, my initial reaction was just that. I thought man, Musk must be getting a kick out of this. There's a small part of me that still thinks it might be.

If not, I don't even know what to say. This is just so bad. They are truly stuck in their eco-bubble if they think that potential truck buyers in this country would ever consider that thing. It looks like the invention of a high school shop class.

If this is real, I am wondering if they made it look like that for manufacturing purposes perhaps. I know they have struggled in that area with their other models. Perhaps this is the result? Who knows. Good God.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post