SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When God made police officers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When God made police officers Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
This came from our retirees association. Not sure who the author is, but it has been around for a while. Kind of fitting given the situation in our country today.

WHEN GOD MADE POLICE OFFICERS . . .

When the Lord was creating police officers, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."

And the Lord said, "Have you read the specs on this order?”

"A police officer has to be able to run five miles through alleys in the dark, scale walls, enter homes the health inspector wouldn't touch, and not wrinkle his uniform. He has to be able to sit in an undercover car all day on a stakeout, cover a homicide scene that night, canvass the neighborhood for witnesses, and testify in court the next day. He has to be in top physical condition at all times, running on black coffee and half-eaten meals. And he has to have six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pairs of hands... no way."

"It's not the hands that are causing me problems," said the Lord, "it's the three pairs of eyes an officer has to have."

"That's on the standard model?" asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. "One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket before he asks, ‘May I see what's in there, sir?’ (When he already knows and wishes he'd taken that accounting job). Another pair here in the side of his head to monitor his partners' safety. And the third pair of eyes here in front that can look reassuringly at a bleeding victim and say, 'You'll be all right ma'am,’ when he knows it isn't so."

"Lord," said the angel, touching his sleeve, “rest and work on this tomorrow."

"I can't," said the Lord, "I already have a model that can talk a 250 pound drunk into a patrol car without incident and feed a family of five on a civil service paycheck."

The angel circled the model of the police officer very slowly, "Can it think?" she asked.

"You bet," said the Lord. "It can tell you the elements of a hundred crimes; recite Miranda warnings in its sleep; detain, investigate, search, and arrest a gang member on the street in less time than it takes five learned judges to debate the legality of the stop ... and still it keeps its sense of humor. This officer also has phenomenal personal control. He can deal with crime scenes painted in hell, coax a confession from a child abuser, comfort a murder victim's family, and then read in the daily paper how law enforcement isn't sensitive to the rights of criminal suspects."

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the police officer. "There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model."

"That's not a leak," said the lord, "it's a tear."

"What's the tear for?" asked the angel.

"It's for bottled-up emotions, for fallen comrades, for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American flag, and for justice."

"You're a genius," said the angel.

The Lord looked somber. "I didn't put it there," he said.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Words fail me. Wonderful.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Wow is about all I can come up with. Spectacular!

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6332 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 851 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Awesome sir. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 2168 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Soul stirring, sir.

Thank you.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICE.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’m going to send that to my son-in-law; he’s a police officer.

God Bless our law enforcement heroes!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sent it to my BFF, who's a cop.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
As similar message about the noble Policeman...

God Bless those that take up this selfless calling, and go into harms way everyday to 'Protect and Serve'

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8949 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
What can I say? That was all to powerful, just great and I love good old Paul Harvey, always on point.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
The orginal op as well as the Paul Harvey video "hit the nail on the head". GOD bless our men and women that wear the uniform. Even those that the public never see. ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post