SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today's my birthday and I remember...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's my birthday and I remember... Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Happy Bday!

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!I have a list that looks quite a bit like yours but a decade later. Enjoy your day!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vic40204
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Vic Johnson

Posts: 798 | Location: Augusta, Georgia. | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
remember stuff while you still can Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Happy Birthday!

Early or late?

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday some of those I participated in. But during recess we played smear the queer. One person had the football and the rest of us went after him. After he was tackled someone else grabbed the ball and ran and we would chase after him. Of course that would not work in today times.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday wishfull thinker Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Happy Birthday!

Early or late?

Well, apparently my browser loaded a cached forum page and I assumed wishfull thinker's post was from today.

I'll go with early. Smile

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, and I love you to pieces but that's is a 9 month old post. The cakes gone.

Edited: just saw your post trapper J thanks for the thought anyway.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
Thanks guys, and I love you to pieces but that's is a 9 month old post. The cakes gone.

Roll Eyes I knew that was just testing your memory. LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Sir! Enjoy!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it’s an old post. But a fun read anyway. I missed all of that. But I’m glad you were there for it. Thank you for your service.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list, Happy Birthday!! I remember some of the same things !!

Hell, That's what a few slugs of Whistle Pig will do to you. Well just consider it an early wish!!

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great post and soon you’ll have the next birthday. Keep the memories coming!
Wow...and wowza!!!! Too good not to share!☺️

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I wished you HB last year, I see. I think I'll wait until the actual occasion this year to do it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 20, 2018 02:40 PM

Not criticizing! Just noted the date after reading some of the posts.

I experienced many of those same things. I missed out on all that "returning veteran" fun. I was in the army from August 1955 to August 1966, but spent the great majority overseas. 9 years in Germany, one year in Iran. All told, out of that time I spent less than a year in the states.

Anyway, happy birthday even if it is late.

I'll be 81 next month and do remember a lot of the craziness from back in those days.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember that getting a lick in school was far better than taking a note home to my Mom who would then give it to my Dad

Happy Belated Birthday! This hit home with me as I fondly remember my Elementary School principal Mrs Brown used to have a wood shop crafted paddle complete with drilled holes that I was graced to have met with a few times Smile My parents would agree that such a "lickin" was obviously warranted by my misdeeds no doubt Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I remember...

... ahhh... remember...

... Oh, yes, I remember that I was suppose... what are we talking about?

You may have heard of a medical condition CRS. It stands for Can't Remember Shit.

Well researchers have found CRS is an early stage of what is kindly called "forgetfulness."

The next stage is CRAFT, which stands for Can't Remember A Friggin' Thing.

The final stage is CRAAA which stands for Can't Remember Ah...Ah...Ah....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post