SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bourbon dilemma, I need your opinion. Update on page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon dilemma, I need your opinion. Update on page 4 Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I should say i got to try a friends 2006 blantons and boy the depth on that compared to day is amazing. So sad they push it out so quick.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, more and more they're the industry is trending toward NAS whiskey precisely so they mix it with younger barrels and push it out quicker. Not long ago even $20 bottles of Bourbon had Age Statements, like Weller 7/90 and 7/107.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I can attest with 1990s bottle on a weller green ive had. Damn tasty.

I also got to try the first year mckenna 46n2. Wooo weee tasty. Pre-fire goodness

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Like the old Elijah Craig bottles with the 12yr age statement on the back for 19.99. The new bottles only have an age statement if they are a barrel pick or if you get lucky and find single barrel. And they dont even come close to price or quality of the old EC.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it now. You could die next week.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
As an alternative, try the Willett Pot Still Reserve, costs less. And you can use the empty bottle to make romantic candlesticks.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You want everyone chugging it at your wake?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I'd say drink it. Its easy to get around me. Its also one of three liquors I keep a bottle of at all times though. Its blantons, macallan 12 (actually my favorite from them), and jamisons black barrel. I've had more expensive bottles and cheaper bottles than those 3 but they tend to be my current favorite. Tastes change over time anyway. So when the day comes I don't like it anymore, and I'm almost done with a bottle I won't feel ad about neglecting some crazy expensive bottle of liquor. Keep in mind I also lean towards having the occasional beer usually and those 3 bottles can last me well over a year just like a case of beer can last me 2 or 3 months (sometimes longer).

My gf on the other hand, keeps about 15 bottles of liquor for mixed drinks plus wine plus ciders. But those bottles also tend to collect dust for years before one gets finished.

With all that said, open it, enjoy at your pace. If it takes a year...enjoy the year. If your back hurts for a week...feel warm inside for a week. They'll always be another bottle somewhere or another kind to try.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just returned from Wine and More. NO Blantons to be found. I will keep checking though. I did pick up 1.75 Ltr. of Elijah Craig bourbon.......that is a good one to my palate!! So many choices in that store.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Max Liquor on line.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Max Liquor on line.

http://www.maxliquor.com/Searc...lanton&Submit=Search

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My dilemma has been solved.
After several weeks of looking for another bottle I got a call from ABC today.
My wait list has come in. Big Grin

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
I had three bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old bourbon. I decided to drink them and told myself I'd find another bottle down the road. That was over 10 years ago and I've never been able to get a bottle since.

They go for around $3000 a bottle now so I'll probably never have another. Frown

I've never had trouble finding Blanton's.

The current PVWs are not the same since they closed the original Stitzel-Weller distillery and ran out of the aging stock in 2013. The current stuff are still good but not anything compared to pre-2014 bottling.

As for the Blanton's, yes drink it. As I see you already scored another bottle.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post