SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bourbon dilemma, I need your opinion. Update on page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon dilemma, I need your opinion. Update on page 4 Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I was a bourbon drinker back in the 80s and 90s.
Back around early 2000s I started drinking craft beer and started home brewing.
Earlier this year while on a Disney cruise a bartender introduced me to Blantons. I liked it a lot.
As soon as we got home I went to buy a bottle and found out it was not so easy. I was told if I wanted a bottle I had to get on a list but don't hold my breath.
Fast forward to last week and I got a call from ABC that if I wanted a bottle they had one for me and to come get it. So I did.
So here is my dilemma, do I open it or do I wait till I know I can get another bottle.
I have done this with some good, limited release craft beers in the past and it has taken me a year to get a second bottle.
So what is your opinion,do I wait Frown or do I drink. Big Grin

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 71 TRUCK,

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Open it. And pace yourself.

It'll last longer if you mix it with Coke. (just kidding!)

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Open & enjoy

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drink it.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Bourbon is for drinking, not saving.

Put another way, do you want to not drink it now, or maybe not drink it later?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blantons?
Horrible, just horrible bourbon!
Send it to me, I'll gladly trade you for some Jack Dainels or Jim Beam.

My opinion, (outside of "send it to me") is drink it! Unless you have a special occasion coming up soon.
You only go around once, better enjoy the ride.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drink it. It’s not really that rare in most places. If it truly is where you live and you enjoy it order another right now so you’re covered.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blanton’s is my go to bourbon. When living in the heart of bourbon country I could find it any day of the week. Since moving away, not so much. Found it once on a whim here and it was twice as much as what I was used to paying. I’ll be stocking up when I get back for thanksgiving this year.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I never had a problem finding it in Brevard County over to the east of you.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Drink it!

While Blanton's is quite nice, the same can be said for a number of bourbons that don't make themselves difficult to buy, or as spendy. When the Blanton's starts running low, make time to examine your options!

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
drink.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several of the Total Wines in Orlando and Altamonte Springs are showing it available for pick up.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Good choice but not hard to find around here.

However, no dilemma. Bourbon doesn’t do anyone any good when it just sits in the bottle by itself.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You want everyone chugging it at your wake?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Drink it!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bourbon doesn't have to be expensive to be good.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
If I can buy Blanton’s anytime I want here in Wyoming... Smile

Cheers

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Drink the whole thing tonight and you will never buy it again. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Try some Jim Beam Single Barrel for inexpensive but good everyday sipping bourbon. The Jim Beam Double Oak is also not bad and a bargain.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It isn't rare so such as distributed unevenly, and fairly popular, so some markets get screwed and others always have a bottle around.

It's good Bourbon, I'd drink it. IIRC, Elmer T Lee is the same juice, just a different age and from another corner of the warehouse - so to speak.. Elmer's seems a bit sweeter, but very good, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post