SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    See everything Apple announced at its product launch event today
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

See everything Apple announced at its product launch event today Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“Apple has finally revealed the newest designs in its iPhone lineup.

The firm unveiled the iPhone 11 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino on Tuesday, showing off a handset with a 6.1-inch display that will come in six colors: purple, white, yellow, green, black, and Product Red.

Apple also showed off its new premium model, the iPhone 11 Pro, which will come with either a 5.8-inch or 6.5-inch display…”

https://mol.im/a/7448793

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My phone contract isn't up for another 6 months, but I'm glad to see the 11 is basically the same size as the X. I don't want to tote around an iPad as a phone.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
My phone contract isn't up for another 6 months, but I'm glad to see the 11 is basically the same size as the X. I don't want to tote around an iPad as a phone.

The 11 is the same size as the XR. 6.1" The 11 Pro is 5.8 same as X. It's like the 11 replaces the XR.

Pricing doesn't seem too bad. I though there's be a big price increase.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
The iPhone 11 (replacing the XR) is actually $50 less than last year. With the addition of another camera, faster processor, improved Face ID, and even longer battery life, I may give it a shot. Ideally, I would like a smaller device like the 11 Pro but I’m not sure I want to spend $1,000 on a phone.

An added bonus is the fact that you get a free year of Apple TV+ with the purchase of one of the new iPhones.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I think I’ll finally give away my 6s plus to a family member and upgrade to the 11. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for the iPalm implant with standard thumb/pinkie earpiece/microphone.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love this. I upgraded from 5 to 6 last year for 120 bucks. New phones mean I will be sporting a 7 or 8 sooner rather than later. Lol. Like I need 3 cameras on a phone. Oh brother.

Side note/thread drift: photos used to mean something. When I was young the photo albums were the overwhelming item people would say they would save on a house fire. They were precious. You didn’t even develop them all. They were few. Now, you have hundreds of photos from every event. It has cheapened the value of photos. Sad. I know many will disagree.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
What I'll be looking for are deals on LNIB Xr's on Swappa. Mainly because I want the T-Mobile 600MHz coverage. Otherwise, we're fine with our 6S'. When are these new phones hitting the supply chain?

quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
I'm holding out for the iPalm implant with standard thumb/pinkie earpiece/microphone.

Screw the thumb/pinky thing: Ear implants with bone conduction mic. Mute/hangup/Siri with teeth clicks.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked out the new Ipad with keyboard and pen. Seems like a half assed Surface Pro. This is coming from an MS Nazi FYIBig Grin I'm sure my wife will love it.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
The iPhone 11 (replacing the XR) is actually $50 less than last year. With the addition of another camera, faster processor, improved Face ID, and even longer battery life, I may give it a shot. Ideally, I would like a smaller device like the 11 Pro but I’m not sure I want to spend $1,000 on a phone.

An added bonus is the fact that you get a free year of Apple TV+ with the purchase of one of the new iPhones.

I like the 5.8 form factor better but I think I could live with the 6.1. I guess I don't really need a new phone as my 7 is still working fine, but I'm sorry to say I get caught up in the "latest greatest" syndrome. I've held out for 4 years so maybe I'll treat myself and my wife to a new one since there is some trade in value on our old phones. No matter what, I doubt I'll buy until they've been out for several months. Maybe T-Mobile will cut some deals as they have in the past.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m damned glad that it’s named “iPhone 11”, rather than “iPhone XI”. I’m forever saying “iPhone ex” whereas I should be saying “iPhone ten”.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see why iPhone needs to release new models every single year. Some models are a great improvement, but most are barely a step up.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I’m damned glad that it’s named “iPhone 11”, rather than “iPhone XI”. I’m forever saying “iPhone ex” whereas I should be saying “iPhone ten”.

Peach it brother!! Hated the Roman numeral.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I don't see why iPhone needs to release new models every single year. Some models are a great improvement, but most are barely a step up.

So they should just sell the same phones year after year like auto manufacturers? If there are some improvements and the pricing stays stable which it has with this release I say great.

-D.H. Lawrence

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No 5G modem and it will be on next year’s phone. So this is a dud year.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee is "reporting" some iWatch 5 features no one else "reporting" Wink
quote:
New Apple Watch Can Be Implanted In Your Hand Or Forehead, Costs Just $666
September 10th, 2019

CUPERTINO, CA—Apple has unveiled its next-generation series of iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches. The most exciting product announcement at the event was the new Series 5 Watch, which will be implanted in the user's hand and forehead and will cost just $666.

The devices will also be required to conduct commerce in the United States starting next year. Affectionately nicknamed "The Mark of the Steve," the watches will be installed into your right hand or forehead by an Apple technician. You'll then be allowed to participate in buying and selling goods in the App Store and everywhere Apple payment solutions are accepted. All stores in the nation plan on switching to exclusive Mark of the Steve payment options next year, so you'll want to get on board with this for sure. There don't seem to be any downsides from what we can tell.

"We say, 'Whoa!' to thee, O Apple fans!" cried Tim Cook as he announced the product, "for Apple sends the new Watch with wrath, because we know the time until this device is obsoleted by next year's release is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Steve, for it is a human number: its number is $666, plus tax, on sale now."

The crowd cheered and fell to the floor weeping. Tech journalists stumbled over themselves to be the first to order the device.

Google was quick to point out that Android has had this feature for years.
BTW, the Babylon Bee is a satire site

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see why iPhone needs to release new models every single year.

As opposed to Android, that release new models about every twenty minutes?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

So they should just sell the same phones year after year like auto manufacturers? If there are some improvements and the pricing stays stable which it has with this release I say great.

No, but Apple tends to always release new phones (the XR is the exception) at the same time of the year, every year. Some are big improvements......such as the XR over the 8...….but I have an XS, and the difference between it and the X it replaced is extremely minor...….but Apple tends to always shoot for a release the same time every year, rather than both when the new phone has new stuff, and they're really ready to release it. Like, why doesn't it have 5G?

And, you can't really compare it to Android releasing models every 20 minutes. Because there are a dozen popular Android manufacturers/brands.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

No, but Apple tends to always release new phones (the XR is the exception) at the same time of the year, every year. Some are big improvements......such as the XR over the 8...….but I have an XS, and the difference between it and the X it replaced is extremely minor...….but Apple tends to always shoot for a release the same time every year, rather than both when the new phone has new stuff, and they're really ready to release it. Like, why doesn't it have 5G?

And, you can't really compare it to Android releasing models every 20 minutes. Because there are a dozen popular Android manufacturers/brands.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/art...-live-up-to-the-hype

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I got a free iPhone X for myself and my wife by the company I used to work for.
I’m happy to rock these bad boys until the updates aren’t available anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post