SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please help me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help me Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Someone, anyone, please talk me out of going to this auction. It's very close and I'm very weak Frown.

https://www.estatesales.net/TN...antown/38139/1628484

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Someone, anyone, please talk me out of going to this auction. It's very close and I'm very weak Frown.

https://www.estatesales.net/TN...antown/38139/1628484

There is no spoon!

There can be only one!

Focus power, Danielson!

Fear is the mindkiller!

'N', stuff!

Sorry, that's all I've got right now.

I know I'm no help, but I'd probably not want to miss an auction like that. I say go and check it out.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I got nothing.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Best I can think of on short notice.

Don't go to the auction

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
No dinero to buyo any of that collection. Out of my league. Amazing !

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Best I can offer:

Matthew 6:19
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe I spied a cased 51 Navy Colt with accoutrements.
Frown
Champagne tastes..... Beer budget.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Oh my...

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Champagne tastes..... Beer budget

Yep, no way I could attend.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Hell, I just made reservations to attend myself!

Kidding Smile

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You've GOT TO GO!
Wait... sorry.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If you fail to find any footing in reality to stop you, gimme a shout, fuzzy. I'm 20 miles SOUTH of Hell, and might meet you there....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not go? Set a budget and enjoy the sale. You may get lucky and get something you are after. Even if you don't win anything you can see an amazing collection.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A PAIR OF DUELING PISTOLS ATTRIBUTED TO PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON,

You never know when Aaron Burr or Alexander Hamilton might challenge you to a duel! GO!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Elvis be there?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I was all set to offer numerous reasons that you should not attend....Then I foolishly clicked on the link.....

First, I was a History major in college, so the historical aspects of listed items makes this sale very interesting.
Second, it is a "Once in a lifetime" sale.

Soooooo, I'm no help at all....... I'm incredibly ashamed of myself, and I'm very sorry (Let's see, Germantown is about 185 miles from my house. Little under a 3 hour drive, hmmmmm).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW, what a magnificent collection.

Please go and report back.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brings to mind a quote from the reverend in Blazing Saddles: "Son, you're on your own."

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
If you fail to find any footing in reality to stop you, gimme a shout, fuzzy. I'm 20 miles SOUTH of Hell, and might meet you there....

Count me in. We could chip in a hundred a piece and snag that case full of Lugers.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post