New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truck tires Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I have a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 245/75R16 on my truck now. I really like them. They are a huge improvement in ride and noise compared to the Cooper ties that were on before that.

I need two for the back but that specific model doesn't seem to be available in that size. Anyone know what a good replacement model would be? Thanks!

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geolandar A/T-S 245/75R16

https://www.tirerack.com/tires...C5l:20171027213540:s

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Appear to be available to me
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/t...lse&fromCompare1=yes

Looks like you beat me.

Geolanders in any configuration are in my opinion the best tires available for the price.
Michillen LTX are great but nearly twice the price.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That's the A/T G015. Is that the same as the A/T-S?

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
That's the A/T G015. Is that the same as the A/T-S?

They are the A/TS replacement.
They are supposed to be even quieter and have better off road capabilities.
I don't see any issues running them with the A/TS you have.

————————————————

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
A couple things, are your tires now P or LT tires? They make both in some sizes. The LT have slightly deeper thread and more plys and more load rating.

I'm a fan of Yokohama tires but was a little disappointed with the newer A/T Geolandar G015 compared to the previous gen Geolandar A/T-S like you have now. In that they do not have as good of traction off road. The G015 do OK but seemed like they lean closer to a all season type tire than a A/T type tire.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michelins for me... ride, traction, wear, quality, etc.

Keeping you on the road in the worst of conditions.

Piece of mind.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
A couple things, are your tires now P or LT tires? They make both in some sizes. The LT have slightly deeper thread and more plys and more load rating.

I'm a fan of Yokohama tires but was a little disappointed with the newer A/T Geolandar G015 compared to the previous gen Geolandar A/T-S like you have now. In that they do not have as good of traction off road. The G015 do OK but seemed like they lean closer to a all season type tire than a A/T type tire.
It's my 2WD work truck so no off-road, very little winter driving, if any and mostly just dragging a trailer around town. I'm running E load rating LT tires. I'm trying to get another two years out of this old girl before shopping for something new. Can you comment on on-road performance of the G015? I'd really like to not get lower quality.

posted Hide Post
The new power horse on the block are the Falken Wild Peak AT3 tires. Excellent ride quality and even better off road traction. Especially for an all-terrain. I've always beena believer in the BFG AT, but I'll never go back, especially considering the price.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
The new power horse on the block are the Falken Wild Peak AT3 tires. Excellent ride quality and even better off road traction. Especially for an all-terrain. I've always beena believer in the BFG AT, but I'll never go back, especially considering the price.

How quiet are they?

————————————————

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Michelins for me... ride, traction, wear, quality, etc.

Keeping you on the road in the worst of conditions.

Piece of mind.

Same here. I got 117K miles on my last set and they still had tread left but they had aged. The replacements were perfect and didn't need any weights for balancing which is the first time I have seen this.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
The new power horse on the block are the Falken Wild Peak AT3 tires. ...
Yeah, but 245/75R16.

I don't think I really need 150,000+ mile tires as I'm planning to retire the truck in 2 years. Bow your heads in a moment of prayer and ask that it lasts that long. Amen.

I'm surely planning to stick with the Yokohamas and if the G015s are replacements, I'll pick up a couple. Thanks, friends! Smile

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I JUST BOUGHT aset of hankkook's for my dad and his older tahoe. he is impressed so far

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's my 2WD work truck so no off-road, very little winter driving, if any and mostly just dragging a trailer around town. I'm running E load rating LT tires. I'm trying to get another two years out of this old girl before shopping for something new. Can you comment on on-road performance of the G015? I'd really like to not get lower quality.
Sure, for what your after G015 will work fine. I only have about 15K on my set. Other than lack of off road bit I think a A/T tire should have they still seem like a good tire for the price. G015 Tire ride quality is good. Get a lot of rain here they seem to do fine in the rain.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm trying to get another two years out of this old girl before shopping for something new.

In that case, I would go to WalMart and get some cheap tires.

https://www.walmart.com/search...20LT%20tire&cat_id=0

Yokohama Geolandar H/T G056 All Season Tire - 245/75R16 109T
Price
$127.05
List $146.00Save$18.95

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Grand Cherokee that had Prodigy tires made by Yokohama.

Absolutely terrible in the rain. Going around a curve on wet pavement and the whole vehicle slid to the side! Again with wet pavement, they would also break traction taking off from a red light.

Selecting 4 wheel fulltime was the solution until the Michelins were mounted.

This is the second vehicle where I've replaced existing tires with Michelins. In both cases, had better performance in 2 wheel drive with the Michelins, over the 'other brand' tires locked in 4 wheel drive! Absolutely, no comparison. No matter the conditions dry, wet, snowy, icy, slushy... The Michelins grip, go and keep you on the road.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Michelins grip, go and keep you on the road.

I wish they made a trailer tire for boat trailers and utility trailers.

Why is it that they can make a perfect tire that uses little or weights to balance while other manufacturers aren't even close?

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My local guy won't get me the G015s because he says they don't meet my load rating requirements.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Bought a Grand Cherokee that had Prodigy tires made by Yokohama.

Absolutely terrible in the rain. Going around a curve on wet pavement and the whole vehicle slid to the side! Again with wet pavement, they would also break traction taking off from a red light.

Selecting 4 wheel fulltime was the solution until the Michelins were mounted.

This is the second vehicle where I've replaced existing tires with Michelins. In both cases, had better performance in 2 wheel drive with the Michelins, over the 'other brand' tires locked in 4 wheel drive! Absolutely, no comparison. No matter the conditions dry, wet, snowy, icy, slushy... The Michelins grip, go and keep you on the road.

Several of your points mirror my experiences. Had a set of Yokohama tires on a full size sedan, excellent tires except for wet traction and thus braking, which fortunately I never had to test. Got 80K out of them, they rode great and cornered well dry.

I verified I wanted Michelin on my pickup when I drove a friend's Michelin shod truck to pull a boat, In 2WD they did the job. My Michelin's on my pickup cost me over 1 MPG vs the no traction Goodyears that came on it. Traction, longevity, and rolling resistance are tradeoffs. Those tires will cost me a lot of fuel over their life vs the ones with poor traction, but it is the safe route to take.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Will the new tire smell be strong enough to cover the antifreeze stink? Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post