SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3 Login/Join 
posted
Spotted my first sign while jogging this morning, the house is a couple blocks from me and I have no idea who lives there. I suspect they're NOT Trump supporters and need to tell everyone how "caring" they are.

This article has more on this "nationwide phenomenon."

http://www.npr.org/sections/th...ng-from-yard-to-yard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Saw another sign of this. No longer are illegal immigrants being called "Undocumented immigrants." Now they are a very PC "migrants."

https://vtdigger.org/2017/03/1...t-justice-activists/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Very CAIRing people indeed. Congrats on having such enlightened neighbors. Maybe you should bring them a trophy?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You should walk in their house and use their bathroom without permission. See if they accuse you of trespassing.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
You should walk in their house and use their bathroom without permission. See if they accuse you of trespassing.

Particularly after your next Chili dinner.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sign them up on the immigrant from syria home placement program LOL

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
The local Methodist church members have one in our my neighborhood. The church has a significantly larger one. The church is close to NCSU campus. I know plenty of folks who don't want to be neighbors of the campus.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Put this in YOUR yard.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
In Philly we have "hate has no home here" signs in 10 different languages. My entire block has one, me and my across the street neighbors are the only houses without them.. coincidentally we're also the only two houses with American flags out front.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
IMHO - it should only be in English and follow-on with: "If you can't read this, please learn the customs of our land."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I have a big "Kill 'em all; let God sort 'em out" flag hanging in my garage, but the wife won't let me fly it out front.

BTW, cmr, what part of Philly? I left K&A in 1992, after 40 years there.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Typical liberals, virtue-signaling....gotta tell everyone how fantastic that they are Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Call Zoning. The signs may be against code.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could record a vidio of you knocking on their door, saying "Hi!" and telling them a "little bit" about yourself, and see if they are as "welcoming" as they claim.

Call people on their bullshit.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My neighbor who had a Hillary sign, has one. She was an art teacher.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I just saw one of those across the street yesterday! Wondered where it came from.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They forgot to add:

"No Infidels Welcome" Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neighbor 4 houses down has one of those signs.They also have a Hillary-Kaine signs up in their front yard too, including a F*** Trump, he is not my President signs. So, I asked the neighbor and his wife if they would welcome me? I am after all an immigrant, though a legal immigrant from India. Was wearing a NRA T-shirt when I asked them the question. They hemmed and hawed, because they couldnt say anything, and I cussed them out and said they were nothing but politically-correct, stupid folks, who are just virtue signalling, nothing more.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go slaughter a goat or stone someone to death next door to these people and see if they still feel that way. Wink

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Key word -- NEIGHBOR. Not living in my house.

If you're here illegally, you need to be my neighbor at best (ie - living in Mexico or Canada or further).

If you're here legally, then we can share the house called America.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post