SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3 Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Seems like this is a 'Thing', suddenly.

Any ideas for a fresh sign we can put up, to refute?

We also need a source to purchase.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note the implied straw-man argument.
NOBODY cares where you are "from", as long as you are from there LEGALLY.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

That right there is the reply sign.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Seems like this is a 'Thing', suddenly.

We also need a source to purchase.

How about a giant arrow pointing at their house, that says, "72 virgins are waiting for you here."

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I want one for my yard. I need something to pee on.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

That right there is the reply sign.

Yep.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Typical of the left to be so welcoming with other peoples money, property, safety, freedoms, choices, etc.

That sign, given the probably of the type of owner, is basically putting up a sign that says "I'm unarmed. Come rape, pillage, rob and create mayhem here."

I'd not put up a sign like that advertises my collective beliefs, even if I believed in the message.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1
...who are just virtue signalling, nothing more.

Thanks! I always wondered what was the proper term for the left's habit of hypocritically showing how much they care. Now I know.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
There are billboards along the roads where I currently live that say "55% Tulare County residents are on Medi-Cal".

This is nothing to be proud of.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
My neighbor 4 houses down has one of those signs.They also have a Hillary-Kaine signs up in their front yard too, including a F*** Trump, he is not my President signs. So, I asked the neighbor and his wife if they would welcome me? I am after all an immigrant, though a legal immigrant from India. Was wearing a NRA T-shirt when I asked them the question. They hemmed and hawed, because they couldnt say anything, and I cussed them out and said they were nothing but politically-correct, stupid folks, who are just virtue signalling, nothing more.

Yeah, these phony liberal snowflakes are so full of shit. Horrible people.

I live in an area that considers itself the Most Tolerant Citizens on the planet. These self-centered bastards slap themselves on the back for their kindness, yet hate Republicans and those who voted for Trump. They are the ones attacking and beating up conservatives. Assholes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've seen two of those signs within a couple miles of my house. Let's me know who is a complete idiot.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note the implied straw-man argument.

I might add "and as long as you don't expect a free ticket on the gravy-train".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Tell them you love around the corner, and are thus neighbors, are a right-wing conservative, and see how welcoming their response is.

They would rather have an ISIS fighter next door than you.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During a night operation, tape a 'sign' to their "virtue signalling" sign advertising the times when illegal aliens can swing by for their 'free' home-cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner! Maybe offer 'free' clothing laundering services as well?!

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I had the money (or win the Lotto), oh how much fun the billboards would be. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good place for a half-way house or other type of group home.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
I have a big "Kill 'em all; let God sort 'em out" flag hanging in my garage, but the wife won't let me fly it out front.

BTW, cmr, what part of Philly? I left K&A in 1992, after 40 years there.

We're in chestnut hill, right in the heart of the most guilty of the liberals.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
I have a big "Kill 'em all; let God sort 'em out" flag hanging in my garage, but the wife won't let me fly it out front.

You poor, poor bastard. (Bucks County, here.) I wonder how long those signs would last at the other end of the Ave.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Get off my lawn"

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:

You poor, poor bastard. (Bucks County, here.) I wonder how long those signs would last at the other end of the Ave.

I know Frown we love the area, just hate the people haha. I shoot out in quakertown, we should set up a group shoot.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post