SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3 Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I still see one around the corner from me. They used to have the BLM sign too, but now it's just the "No matter" sign.

As far as the reason why someone would plant one of these stupid things in their yard? I bet they just wanted to let everyone else know how special, enlightened and tolerant they are.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I bought a US Border Patrol ballcap on Amazon, it came in today and I wore it all day. I got some very dirty looks from some people! At our local Publix, there is a Western Union desk at the service counter. There is usually a long line of "folks" converting cash to money to send back to "folks" in their home country. I usually by lottery tickets in another line at the same desk. My new hat is a hit There! I'm sure by the dirty looks that they came here legally!

Love your style. You need to get a SUV now that is painted green and white and drive the interstate. Window tint would be a plus.

The local lavandería is huge, maybe 100 washers and 120 dryers. The TVs are all on Mexican and Central American stations, the only language spoken is Spanish, and all the signs are in Spanish.

When I need a giggle, I strap on a Glock 22, two spare magazines, wear tacticool trousers, a blue shirt, a blue windbreaker, and an earphone for my mobile and go to the local lavandería at 1000 on Saturday morning.

The first time I did this the place was packed when I arrived, and there were no free comforter-sized machines.

Ten minutes later there is the staff and maybe ten others left. Clothing was left in washers and dryers and the staff were pulling it out and either drying or folding it.

Now I go do it just to see the response.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

...As far as the reason why someone would plant one of these stupid things in their yard? I bet they just wanted to let everyone else know how special, enlightened and tolerant they are.

Someone here called it "virtue signaling." Wiki says that's "...the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to look, but I remember a recent editorial by a snowflake on why virtue-signaling isn’t really virtue-signaling.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Set up a tent in their yard and see how they react, knock on their door and ask for food, if they throw a fit just point to their sign.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
quote:
I bought a US Border Patrol ballcap on Amazon, it came in today and I wore it all day. I got some very dirty looks from some people! At our local Publix, there is a Western Union desk at the service counter. There is usually a long line of "folks" converting cash to money to send back to "folks" in their home country. I usually by lottery tickets in another line at the same desk. My new hat is a hit There! I'm sure by the dirty looks that they came here legally!

Love your style. You need to get a SUV now that is painted green and white and drive the interstate. Window tint would be a plus.

The local lavandería is huge, maybe 100 washers and 120 dryers. The TVs are all on Mexican and Central American stations, the only language spoken is Spanish, and all the signs are in Spanish.

When I need a giggle, I strap on a Glock 22, two spare magazines, wear tacticool trousers, a blue shirt, a blue windbreaker, and an earphone for my mobile and go to the local lavandería at 1000 on Saturday morning.

The first time I did this the place was packed when I arrived, and there were no free comforter-sized machines.

Ten minutes later there is the staff and maybe ten others left. Clothing was left in washers and dryers and the staff were pulling it out and either drying or folding it.

Thats great! I needed a laugh today.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our neighborhood and the adjacent neighborhoods here in Durham, have those stupid signs along with Resist signs and the crayola flag.

I am finding out it is a very hipster, liberal area.

My sister always had this mind set even 20 years ago. We always argued regarding actions taken against oppressive regimes. She believed peace, talking and sanctions would work and make people change. I believed 7.62mm then now 25mm

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Several months ago the Times closed the comments feature, so readers can no longer comment on articles.

Of course. The questioning of propaganda will not be tolerated.

Maybe living in an HOA does have some advantages. No stinking signs like that. Smile
Yeah--that occurred to me, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
My neighbor 4 houses down has one of those signs.They also have a Hillary-Kaine signs up in their front yard too, including a F*** Trump, he is not my President signs. So, I asked the neighbor and his wife if they would welcome me? I am after all an immigrant, though a legal immigrant from India. Was wearing a NRA T-shirt when I asked them the question. They hemmed and hawed, because they couldnt say anything, and I cussed them out and said they were nothing but politically-correct, stupid folks, who are just virtue signalling, nothing more.

Since we the va governers seat, this is the best and funniest thing i have read. Thank you.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
quote:

I quit skidding up to construction sites in my black Crown Vic after a guy got hurt falling off the roof. JK

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post