SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yard sign "No matter where you're from, we're glad you're our neighbor" NEW SIGN UPDATE on page 3 Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just this morning, I drove by a house around the corner from me.

In the yard were two signs. The exact sign in the OP, and a "Black Lives Matter" sign.

Liberal virtue signalling at its best. Roll Eyes

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that special! See if they will sign your petition for a homeless shelter down the street, to house those nice street people living in the woods. The fact is most people cannot afford to live in such a nice neighborhood and you can just appear to be a virtuous individual. Bet they fight to sit in the front pew on Sunday.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that some wealthy Liberals do not like their new neighbors. My word the Secret Service agents are changing their shirts out in the open! Chris Wallace statement in the article is telling.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2...g-a-fox-news-anchor/

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
"No matter where you're from - even if you're from a country where everyone believes in murdering anyone not just like them - we're glad you're our neighbor. Yes - our denial of reality has reached suicidal proportions."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's local paper has an article about how these are now the rage in the QC area.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/...7e-56255719f24c.html

Several months ago the Times closed the comments feature, so readers can no longer comment on articles.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Several months ago the Times closed the comments feature, so readers can no longer comment on articles.

Of course. The questioning of propaganda will not be tolerated.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
It seems that some wealthy Liberals do not like their new neighbors. My word the Secret Service agents are changing their shirts out in the open! Chris Wallace statement in the article is telling.

It's only the Trumps' Secret Service they have a problem with? I guess the other guy in the neighborhood who's also got a Secret Service detail isn't an issue.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spotted my first sign while jogging this morning, the house is a couple blocks from me and I have no idea who lives there. I suspect they're NOT Trump supporters and need to tell everyone how "caring" they are.

This article has more on this "nationwide phenomenon."

http://www.npr.org/sections/th...ng-from-yard-to-yard

Oh my. If that sign went up in my neck of the woods, I'll be heading to Cabelas for a paintball rifle.

And BLM? Fuhgedabowtit.

Sheesh.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
"migrant" implies they won' be staying. Make it easy on them and have them go elsewhere.
And not wanting someone here doesn't imply I hate them,. I don't hate sewage, but I don't want it filling up my house, either.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Maybe living in an HOA does have some advantages. No stinking signs like that. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Exactly. The QC Slime, er...Times editorial page has tilted left in the past few years, and without the comments they're able to go unchallenged unless you write a letter to the editor for printing.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Chris Wallace statement in the article is telling.

What did Wallace say? I can't find any staments atributed to him in the article you linked.

Posts: 10909 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The only signs I ever see is "BLUE lives matter" and "We support our Police Officers"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What did Wallace say? I can't find any staments atributed to him in the article you linked.

Not much. Just stated that the neighbors objections were perhaps due to their politics, implying they did not like Trumps in their tony neighborhood. He did say parking was a problem but not much else.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I bought a US Border Patrol ballcap on Amazon, it came in today and I wore it all day. I got some very dirty looks from some people! At our local Publix, there is a Western Union desk at the service counter. There is usually a long line of "folks" converting cash to money to send back to "folks" in their home country. I usually by lottery tickets in another line at the same desk. My new hat is a hit There! I'm sure by the dirty looks that they came here legally!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...s+border+patrol+hats

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought a US Border Patrol ballcap on Amazon, it came in today and I wore it all day. I got some very dirty looks from some people! At our local Publix, there is a Western Union desk at the service counter. There is usually a long line of "folks" converting cash to money to send back to "folks" in their home country. I usually by lottery tickets in another line at the same desk. My new hat is a hit There! I'm sure by the dirty looks that they came here legally!

Love your style. You need to get a SUV now that is painted green and white and drive the interstate. Window tint would be a plus.

posted Hide Post
Here's a variation on the original sign, it's now "Hate Has No Home Here." In multiple languages, of course:

http://wqad.com/2017/11/06/hat...ate-in-clinton-iowa/

Get your own sign here:

https://hatehasnohomehere.org/

SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
"hate has no home here"

Usually because it just rents the space while the MSM is there.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spotted my first sign while jogging this morning, the house is a couple blocks from me and I have no idea who lives there.
A good reason for not jogging. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post