SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My old PD is getting some heat from citizens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My old PD is getting some heat from citizens Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
So a citizen sent a letter to the newspaper recently...and asked a small question pointed at the City Council about the police Department where I used to work.

http://www.wilsontimes.com/sto...rve-a-pay-cut,99791?

"Finally, you all praised our Wilson Police Department because that sounds good, too.

Are you not aware that there is discord in the department? Retired and active officers talk about it, openly, with passion. I am able to cite specific examples but will not out of courtesy to those officers who are still employed here.

Officers are resigning, not to work at Lidl or Staples but in other cities’ law enforcement agencies.

They are, for lack of a better term, “escaping” our department."

Then he sent another more pointed set of questions in this letter...."

http://www.wilsontimes.com/sto...ers-concerns,102494?

"It appears that there is more discord among the officers on the street than even I was aware of and it is not necessarily a secret within city government circles.

There are more than the usual amount of HR complaints and specific gripes about department management and policies as it pertains to their employees.

The Police Benevolent Association seems to be monitoring this as well as issues surrounding Garrity rights."

and all of a sudden my phone has been blowing up from retired officers and former employees and some current employees...

and all I can do is laugh..

Earlier in this year I went to HR at the city level; and my hostile work environment complaint was swept under the rug with a return letter "thanks for notifying us of the Morale problem at your department".

I couldn't follow up on it as I had that stroke/seizure and retired...but I guess some cops were complaining over coffee and were overheard by the citizen.

I truly hope that the current staff gets rid of the problem children within their ranks and police themselves.

The remarks in the comments section is funny, several have been posted and then suddenly removed (it was obvious that the person was recently created and had no friends, no pictures etc); even the father of one of the second in charge, starts off the comments by calling the writer a "troublemaker" and saying he has no authority at the police department.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember hearing about your strokes how are you feeling! Any residual deficits?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I don’t remember hearing about your strokes how are you feeling! Any residual deficits?

It didn't have any effect on his letter writing... Other than misspelling Mike.

Big Grin

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Behold the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Yeah, I had to retire this summer, I keep having vaso-constrictions/seizures that mimic my original stroke(2014) and I can't talk during or afterward for some time period- not good for fighting crime... But I can still drive, move all my hands and feet, see, do whatever, but my original stroke affected my speech and comprehension area of my brain and I get tired easily...but I'm still sexy as hell and can shoot my guns so I'm good.

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

It didn't have any effect on his letter writing... Other than misspelling Mike.

Big Grin

LOL,
I'm being blamed for it though!!!
A citizen I know has written letters for years and he went to a meeting several weeks ago and thought...you know-I don't buy that answer from the cops...and he's RIGHT.

I went to a local street festival today and saw a bunch of my old co-workers and they all shook my hand and gave me hugs..I told them I hadn't written the letter and they all think I did it even though I told them I didn't.

Waiting on the chief to show up on my doorstep wanting to know what I know.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post