SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Robot at my supermarket
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robot at my supermarket Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’d grab a sharpie and a piece of printer paper before you go the next time, and a piece of tape. I’d write “kick me” on the paper and tape it, to its back.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’d grab a sharpie and a piece of printer paper before you go the next time, and a piece of tape. I’d write “kick me” on the paper and tape it, to its back.

I'm not messing with our robot overlords.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Best thing to do with that stupid robot is put 4 things on the floor on each side of it (all around it). It will detect the items and can't move until someone moves them.

I've seen it multiple times at my local Giant and I laugh every time.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

After seeing the picture - I don't feel very ripped off anymore. You can keep your bot :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
so,

would AP be overkill?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:
Every time I hear about some damn machine taking over a human job, smoke starts coming out of my ears! Grrrrr Mad

This is the result of the higher wages movement, at some point, automation makes economic sense....

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
can they detect a fart in aisle 8? Big Grin

They do have methane detectors, and dirty ass crack sniffers I think that is what happened in the sexual harassment incident mentioned above Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
can they detect a fart in aisle 8? Big Grin

They do have methane detectors, and dirty ass crack sniffers I think that is what happened in the sexual harassment incident mentioned above Big Grin

This is what I imagine the robot would see in aisle 8.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post