SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have created a monster ;)Who would have known my wife likes Scotch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have created a monster ;)Who would have known my wife likes Scotch Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
Back in February I asked a question, Scotch for someone who drinks Bourbon. I got a lot of great recommendations for brands and different types of scotch. I found a Glen Moray Speyside Single malt Sherry Cask Finish as my first and I liked it. Well so did my wife. She is mostly a Tequila drinker.

On our cruise back in February/March had a chance to try some really good scotch. The bar had a sampler for $20 dollars. It consisted of 3 different Macallan scotches. They were Quest,Terra and Enigma. My wife tried some of them and again to my surprise she liked them.

Also while on the cruise the duty free store was doing a lecture on Scotch so we went. The scotches were Johnnie Walker brand one night and Dewar's on another. We got to taste several except the Blue label "well sort of". After the lecture they offered some great deals so we bought a bottle of the Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and a bottle of the Black Label Triple Cask Edition export only.

By the end of the cruise I was looking at a Tag Heuer watch. The next thing I know they brought me a full glass of Johnnie Walker Blue, it was good but to me not worth the price for a bottle.

Who would have known my wife likes Scotch. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
I introduced the SO to Bourbon.

I need more bourbon.

She also likes a good Irish Whiskey neat.

I use SO because girlfriend feels like HS.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:
I introduced the SO to Bourbon.

I need more bourbon.

She also likes a good Irish Whiskey neat.

I use SO because girlfriend feels like HS.

A good even Irish is Tullamore DEW, no aftertaste, no medicine iodine linger...smooth with some water.

I have found I tend to grab a bottle if it before spending $75 on a fifth of The MacAllan....

And thanks Tanner for the song..I remarked I probably hadn’t heard that in 20 years...then I realized it was 2020, and it’s been closer to 30 years since I last heard Nazareth....lotta good times in a few juke joints in central Florida during the late 80s and early 90s.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I’m a bourbon lover, and the wife likes good Irish Whiskey (15 year Redbreast is her favorite), so it’s a win-win!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have buddies that we talk about bourbon, but my bourbon drinking buddy is my wife. Our palates have grown together over the years and somehow managed to go in the same direction. The negative side is pmy buddies stashes last much longer than mine.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Turned the wife on to cognac a couple years ago. It's all imported and no drink has defined you get what you pay for more than cognac. She's gonna break me.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife, it turns out, really likes Scotch finished in Sherry casks. It s nice, because previously she would turn her nose up to what I was drinking, but now we can share a dram occasionally.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post