SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need to ship a kitchen table - freight advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to ship a kitchen table - freight advice Login/Join 
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted
Anyone well-versed in this and willing to save me a lot of Googling? I need to ship a bulky kitchen table from Virginia down to Florida. I would prefer to have someone come pick it up at my house and truck it down there. What's the best way to go about it?

Posts: 693 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
You'd look at the underside and see if the legs come off. If they do, you'd box / package them inside the underside of the table in a manner not to scratch/bang them up.

Then make a box for the table. Weigh the table. Then call FedEx, give them the box size and the dimensions.

I shipped the contents of an apartment across country, taking out some of it myself in a pickup as well. Most bulky items are made to come apart.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This is not going to be helpful Smile

But man, if I could, I'd use that as an excuse to drive down to FL myself and get some of those lobsters someone was showing in that lobster thread a few weeks ago.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have used Uship.com with great success.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I have used Uship.com with great success.

Thanks for this great advice! UPS quoted me $1300. I put it on uShip and a fella picked it up and delivered the next day for $300. Quite pleased.

Posts: 693 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Good outcome. Uship offers a nice service.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
uShip

Wow, what a deal. The next time I'm roadtripping out to the southwest, I may be able to pick up expense money!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Another happy uship customer here. I’ve used th service several times and have been very pleased.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post